Australians in the Stavanger area.

Hello there my name is Mark and I have been in Stavanger for roughly 2 months was wondering how other Aussies are getting on here with work, the language, the people and the place also any tips on how to get an English speaking job would be much appreciated?

hello Mark !! there is this two websites where you find jobs that does not need Norwegian  nav.no and finn.no .

good luck

Thank you I check these sites daily. I have registered my CV with a lot of recruitment agencies and am hopeful I have a range of experience in many different fields but have no realivant qualifications or education.   I have been reading a lot of negative things about some other xpats move to Norway I do find the language challenging to say the least but most Australians expect immigrants to learn English though not essential but I get why it's important. Any advice or help would be appreciated in a big way.

What do you have experience in? This might help to narrow the advice given.

They're quite particular on education here, just to be warned.

In Australia I was working for a large company that deals in the prevention of fire my main role was to service/maintain fire extinguishers and hose reels, I've also worked as a civil contractor (construction of new sub divisions) a landscaper and a little in the building industry.

Was under the impression alot of the construction firms in Norway have few aversions to hiring non norwegian speakers.

I know some of the recruitment agencies are a bit weary of hiring people out who don't speak Norwegian, perhaps go directly to the source instead.

I would guess you would have looked into opportunities off shore from Stavanger?