Nice to meet you all!

Dear Expat Society,

I am really grateful to you all for helping me out with my inquiries and doubt on traveling to different countries and settling with certain careers. To introduce my life briefly, I was raised and graduated (IB diploma from the Anglo-American School of Moscow + BSc. Biology from St. Petersburg State Univerisity)in Mother Russian but moved to Taiwan when before I finished my Masters degree. Presently, I am in Bangkok with my three children excluding a family cat. Right now, I am looking forward to moving to Myanmar and perhaps, start working as a teacher at one of Yangon's International Schools.

Benjamin V.

Wow, pretty nice CV! :) Take care!

Hi Benjamin V.,

Thank you for this introduction.

Your topic has been moved on the Myanmar forum.

Best of luck,
Christine

Thanks. I have already been employed at YIS and made lots of friends in Myanmar. I believe I will enjoy my stay here. And, will still seek aid from the expat community.

welcome and hope you enjoy your life and work in ygn :-)

I would appreciate any info people could send me about living in Yango~~

I am considering a move to there!

About what salary should I expect if I am at an international school there?

Thanks!

Hi Zac,

Yangon is a pretty nice location to settle..in fact the best place to work as an International school teacher in the entire country. It's multicultural with lots of foreigners pouring into the Democratic nation with interest either for education or business. As for the payment, the average salary a month would be around $800 to $1,200 but it all depends on your qualifications and the vacancy for a high position at the respective schools too.

hi

Hello Lucky,

Are you a local or an expatriate? Please provide information about your region, your occupation there, and the lifestyle, food, etc. on this forum so that others can learn from your experience and follow your advice.