Which SIM Card??? and Prepaid or Postpaid??

Hi All,

I would soon be moving to Dubai for a Job...wuld be living in Sharjah & travelling to Dubai for Work.....

Jst need some help regarding below:

1) which SIM card is better..i knw there are 2 providers Etisalat & DU. Which one is better?

2) Prepaid or Postpaid? I would need to make frequent calls in India & Uganda...which plan would be better? Ne Clue?

3) Data Pack: Ne clue on which provider offers the best Data Pack as i would be accessing watsapp & emails frequently on my cell?

and lastly

4) WHERE WOULD I FIND A SIM CARD??? AND HOW DO I GET IT??

would really appreciate your prompt responses....as its my last day here tomorrow...

thanks a lot!!!

Not much to choose between Etisalat and Du, they offer equally interesting deals.  Former is there from day 1, Du is relatively newer entry.
If you want to monitor your phone expenses, prepaid.  Want to have the convenience of monthly billing, postpaid.  Guess this logic holds good anywhere in the world...Etisalat offers package deals for phone, internet and TV if you like.  Includes mobile phone applications and data.  Du also offers this except TV.
You can find SIM card everywhere starting from Dubai airport, every other supermarket, the outlets of Etisalat or Du in all shopping malls, the companies' own offices in each emirate.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Sharjah-Dubai nightmare traffic!

thanks...jst read abt the traffic b/w the 2 cities!!!.. getting shudders already....
how bad is it????

I prefer prepaid SIM card. It would be definitely help you to save your calling expenses. You can control your calls by using this SIM card. One more suggestion, if you will use International SIM card then it would be helpful for you. International SIM card is affordable for use in abroad. It works as a local SIM card. So you won't need to pay extra charge. Thanks.

I also prefer prepaid sim card, I used travelsim when i am traveling, once purchased on the website travelsim.com i can recharge my balance at any time in any place when i have internet access, quite pretty prices for calls and data, texting from special app is very cheap. Not sure if that's the best one - but prices were quite okay for the roaming and i have nothing bad to say about service.

Etisalat has some offers where you can make calls to India at a rate of 40 fils per second throughout the day with a set up fee of 1 AED. So if you have frequent India calls for longer duration, Etisalat is a good one