Need advice on my salry offered

Hi All,

I am new here.How good is IT growth in Riyadh?

I got an offer from a company in Riyadh working in IT Sector.
I am Senior Test Engineer. i am married planing bring my wife also

The salary is 5500 SAR/month

Is that good salary? am i able survive there and can save some money?

The Salary is the breakup of BASIC, HOUSING, TRANSPORTATION. So the i have to manage of my own as they are paying the amounts in his salary
· Visa , Visa processing and Ticketing will be handled by Company.

·Relocation expenses like medical test, degree attestation will be born by candidate.

·Family travel at the time of joining your firm by me

·Medical insurance for all employees.

·Local transport and self/family accommodation by me

Thanks in advance for you valuable suggestions.

SR 5500, is a good salary for many here in Saudi Arabia, but if you bring you family here and if your wife is not working, 5500 is not gonna be enough if you wish to save as  well. Your house rent would be a minimum of 1300SR/month. then u have mobile bills, taxi, food, shopping and all that.  If you live alone here and share accommodation then you will be able to save enough. But everything depends on how you spend.

Think hard before you make that decision.

reconsider again. I dont feel like its good deal

Thank you very much for the information. even i believe this deal is not feasible. actually the basic is 4500. so i don't think it will work

U can survive alone here for 2500SR if u really careful about your expenses. But as a family this wont be the case.

johnkuriakose wrote:

SR 5500, is a good salary for many here in Saudi Arabia, but if you bring you family here and if your wife is not working, 5500 is not gonna be enough if you wish to save as  well. Your house rent would be a minimum of 1300SR/month. then u have mobile bills, taxi, food, shopping and all that.  If you live alone here and share accommodation then you will be able to save enough. But everything depends on how you spend.

Think hard before you make that decision.

When you say 1300SR/month for accommodation, is it a furnished one or unfurnished?

Unfurnished

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Unfurnished

Then how much for furnished?

And is this 1300/month 1 room or 2 rooms? Is it a flat/apartment or a house?

Well John has given this number and I guess here is how he has calculated:

Year rent: 15,000
Water annual charges (to be paid in full in year start): 300
Total:15,300
divide by 12: 1,275

In Riyadh with such low rent, small houses come of 1BHK size in pretty bad, dirty areas. (But again the discussion context here is MINIMUM).

'OK' kind furnished room prices start from 3,000 SAR (rooms in dedicated flats in some building)

A 'house' is called a Villa here. Prices 70,000 SAR+ per annum. Are usually 3-4BHK. The price depend on areas.

The current residential rent hike is horrible man!

shaooas wrote:

Thank you very much for the information. even i believe this deal is not feasible. actually the basic is 4500. so i don't think it will work

With family ask for atleast2.5 to 3 times the CTC of what you get in india !! Then only it will be a good offer....

TLL dont you ever take a break. Thank U for answering the queries.

It does not sound a very good deal to me

johnkuriakose wrote:

:thanks::kiss:

johnkuriakose wrote:

He doesn't call himself the legend for no reason! ;)

saimans wrote:
shaooas wrote:

With family ask for atleast2.5 to 3 times the CTC of what you get in india !! Then only it will be a good offer....

Yeah. you are right, i was not having any idea when i attended interview. how ever i consider this point for future.
I have one more question like
How good is IT in riyadh and is there any opportunity for software testing?

Thanks

shaooas wrote:
saimans wrote:
shaooas wrote:

Yeah. you are right, i was not having any idea when i attended interview. how ever i consider this point for future.
I have one more question like
How good is IT in riyadh and is there any opportunity for software testing?

Thanks

I have couple of friends who are into IT here and they are fine, except some glitches here and there and I guess its everywhere !!

Thanks for all the information. i was looking for it for my some of query ..

hello frnds , i have a job offer from ARMAL GNC ( arabic research and Marketing ltd.) in riyadh  for the post of pharmacist they offer me salary 4000-5000 Sar , they give accommodation, transportation , and medical facility, plz tell me how much money should i save ? i am single ,is it a good deal ???

nikhil shrivastava wrote:

hello frnds , i have a job offer from ARMAL GNC ( arabic research and Marketing ltd.) in riyadh  for the post of pharmacist they offer me salary 4000-5000 Sar , they give accommodation, transportation , and medical facility, plz tell me how much money should i save ? i am single ,is it a good deal ???

Depends on your spending habit and saving acumen. You still need to spend money on mobile, food and other expenses that could come to 1000-1500 pet month. The rest you save or spend is up to you.

my advise is that you should shoot for SR 7000

i am money saver, not spend money from free hand , if i will spend my salary on food and other things like mobile internet it will be 1000-1500 sar as per your calculation n, after deduction this amaunt i will have approx. 2000 sar remaining in hand per month.
is it a good saving?

Is it a good saving for you ?? Don't take others opinion on how much you want to save. What if it can be more. Shoot for more salary as masee5 said.

If you are lucky you may get it.

you suggest me that try to get more salary , how ???
can you help me ???

Try negotiating if you can, at this stage I am not sure, but still worth a try.

thanks hr guru

hr guru how to know about the company category before recruitment i mean that the company which offers the job is in green category or not how i know??????

First of all, how old are you?
How many years experience you have in IT field?
How many kids you have?
Are they studying? If so, in which classes?
To advise you about local living cost, I should know above basic detials.
send your reply to   riya_ksa  at  yahoo dot  com

hr guru how to know about the company category before recruitment i mean that the company which offers the job is in green category or not how i know??????

For this you need the company CR number and then check this under MOL website.

http://mol.gov.sa/Services/Inquiry/NonS … quiry.aspx

Its in Arabic.

how i find the company cr no.???

how i find the company cr no.???

Ask the company for a copy of the Commercial Registration.