How to find job in norway

Dear all,

This is mitesh from Uganda, East africa, Can some one kindly assist me how to find a good job in norway while i am in Uganda,Africa??? Please please let me know soon as possible.

with kind Regards

Mitesh Bhatt
Uganda

Hi Mitesh! Have you tried the Norway classifieds. I hope this helps.

Good luck
Christine

Hello,

This is mithil from India, I am a freelancer working for business development. Hey if you wish we both can work together. just approach some big IT companies for out sourcing as you owe a company in india and get a deal. i can approach the local BPO's here who are looking for process. Jus let me know.

with kind Regards
Mithil G. Acharya

Hi,
My best advice is this: learn Norwegian and that will open many doors for you. there are not many courses online but there are some.

I'm in Oslo, looking for a job and although I have education and previous experience, I get turn down everytime I mention that I don't speak Norwegian.

Good luck!

It is really hard to find a job in Norway unless you can speak Norwegian.

However, since you can speak English, check out careerjet.no, finn.no, nav.no or zett.no (all Norwegian job searching sites) and see if you can find some job postings in English.

Good luck!

The only way I found work in Bergen was networking - I found people in my field in my location (after moving here) and made it known I was looking.

Seems like there are a lot of jobs that go unlisted.

My husband found his job in Norway using LinkedIn - posted his resume for a lark and a recruiter contacted him.

Good luck! and I totally agree with learning norwegian in advance. It made a big difference even being able to have 'some' norwegian and show evidence that I was seriously learning.

I have had to resort to putting my prospects elsewhere in EU. It helps to have a EU Work Permit and the willingness to travel.

Quite Frustrating...

This isnt to disparge Norway, but a lot of Norwegians back in the US misrepresents their country as very interchangable with the US in terms of job market... Methinks that Jante thingy comes into play...

My poor wife is quite embarassed.

Yeah if you dont know Norwegian, your chances for a Job drops very low... So much for a Global Market.