Hello,

I've lived in the Philippines for quite some time now, but because of work i haven't really gotten a chance to get out and meet new people. I grew up in the states, but am Filipino.

Love sports, traveling and reading. My latest hobby is surfing, been making a few trips up to Baler lately.

Just looking to connect with people who have the same cultural background as me and make some new friends along the way.

I stay in makati, so hopefully I can meet people in or near the area.

Cheers.
MJ

Hi MJ, how are you? Well,we're the same. I grew up in Dubai influenced by different cultures mainly British, American, Arab and SA cultures. Glad to see people I can relate to a lot. I'm a Filipino too with some odd accents here and forth. Pleasure to meet you indeed.

Cheers
Carson

Hi MJ,

If you're into sports, you might want to try rugby. There is a women's team I could recommend.

Jayzl

Hello Carson.

Things are well, can't complain. Seems like you grew up in a diverse background just like me. Tend to miss that sometimes being here in Manila. How long have you been back in Manila?

Hi Jayzl,

Where do you guys play rugby at?

Sometimes in Merville...

MJ,

5 months, 3 weeks and 2 days!

Jayzl - not quite sure where merville is?

Carson - got it down to the day, huh? Have you had any success meeting people through this site?

It's in Parañaque. I live in Makati too.
Very near Makati. :D

HI MJ!

Welcome to Expat.com.. :)

Hello!! Thanks! :)

This is a just an essay! Strong belief on this though!

I'm transcending nationalism. Multiculturalism is a New World Order! The world is my entire home. I'll live everywhere I want and learn all great things human endowment can aspire me. You can't stop racism but we can start understanding our differences and learn the great influences of any culture. I grew up in a multicultural settings. So I do understand most of the cultural differences we all have. This is the most priceless principles that I have learned. To all cultures who taught me great things, to all my mentors from different places on this earth, to all best friends globally who took me in and helped me during my deepest troubles, to all beautiful ladies from different parts of the world that I met casually and intentionally, and to the countries I still want to go and learn your positive attributes. I'm glad that it all happened. At the end of day, I still believe that the world is only one country where I can say, "I'm not here in Philippines, I'm here on EARTH peacefully!...Glad to express myself better!

@MJ, yes I did meet some great people from different cultural backgrounds. There's something in that environment you will always make you feel connected: Equality and Humanity! and of course Acceptance!

Hi Mj,

Really heard that its great in Baler. However, never tried that before. Hope to experience that also. By the way, Im a Filipino. Just dont have time to travel. :(

Welcome to Expat-blog! We usually hang outs in Gbelt with other expats. There are plans of Christmas gathering by the 3rd week of December hopefully posted by Resuri_ann hope you could join (",)

Enjoy your stay!

Regards,
Jp

MJacob9 wrote:

Hello,

I've lived in the Philippines for quite some time now, but because of work i haven't really gotten a chance to get out and meet new people. I grew up in the states, but am Filipino.

Love sports, traveling and reading. My latest hobby is surfing, been making a few trips up to Baler lately.

Just looking to connect with people who have the same cultural background as me and make some new friends along the way.

I stay in makati, so hopefully I can meet people in or near the area.

Cheers.
MJ

The Christmas gathering sounds exciting. Hopefully I can come, where will the details be posted?

@mavedencom you should check out baler. It's so beautiful and a lot of fun if you enjoy the beach. :)

Yah.. I really love the beach..
Ill check it out soon. :)

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=213296

[MJacob9]The Christmas gathering sounds exciting. Hopefully I can come, where will the details be posted?

Hi MJacob9! Welcome to Expat.com! :D

I havent come up with an idea about the gathering! Maybe you have suggestions! :D but its great if it'll be in Makati :)

Btw, i went to Baler last month to do surfing and just discovered Im not good at it. Waves were eating me alive! hahahaha

Hi,welcome to Expat.com.
Maybe can meet up next year.

Hi resuri_Ann!! What kind of events have you done in the past? Just so I can get an idea. Yeah, sometimes the waves can be brutal in Baler, but on a nice calm day the surf is a lot of fun. :)

Hi dkcape!! Thanks. When are you planning on coming out this way?

MJacob9 wrote:

Hi resuri_Ann!! What kind of events have you done in the past? Just so I can get an idea. Yeah, sometimes the waves can be brutal in Baler, but on a nice calm day the surf is a lot of fun. :)

I prolly should check that out again when the waves are calmer. During the time I tried it, I dont think those kind of waves are for beginners hahaha!

Anyways.. the most recent activity I had with expat-blog member was the Pinatubo Trip :D I have also went spa with a member, foodtripping in Binondo, then a simple meet-up with drinks at Greenbelt :)

MJacob9 wrote:

Hi,it all depends on the price of a ticket next year,however i do hope it will be in Feb or March.
Where are you from in the US?As have relatives there and hitch hiked several thousand miles there,many years ago.