DFA Red Ribbon ( Diploma and Transcript of Record)

I have some question to my fellow friend here.. i have a expired documents requirements in dfa .graduation certificate and transcript of record for the purpose of red ribbon.. the question is .. im here now in saudi arabia.. can i claim my DFA red ribbon here with expired requirements . i mean i did not claim my red ribbon there in phil. before.can i claim here now in riyadh saudi arabia..thanks

Smallfox123 wrote:

I have some question to my fellow friend here.. i have a expired documents requirements in dfa .graduation certificate and transcript of record for the purpose of red ribbon.. the question is .. im here now in saudi arabia.. can i claim my DFA red ribbon here with expired requirements . i mean i did not claim my red ribbon there in phil. before.can i claim here now in riyadh saudi arabia..thanks

Red ribbon (authentication) of documents is now outdated as the Philippines joined last 2018 the
Hague Apostille countries´membership. Expired document is no good especially when it comes to migration requirements for employment. As long as you have your Transcript of Records from the registrar of your university you should proceed or any relative could to the DFA in Manila to have the apostille on your transcript or your college diploma. You can go to the Philippine Embassy in Riyadh and obtain a Power of Attorney for any relative in the Philippines to do the transaction for you!
Good luck!

robal

Dont shoot me if I'm wrong,. The Aposille must be done in the country of origin. IE If your docs originated in Saudi so then should they be Apossiled in Saudi. As i can see that Saudie is NOT a Haugue Convention member then you would get them Red Ribboned at the Philippines Consulate/ Embassy in Saudie.

As we dont know the nature of what you're desiring to do, best you follow the requirements of the country you are trying to satsify.

Ok let´s elaborate further. The Philippines is now a member of Hague Apostille Convention. Saudi Arabia is NOT. If the university Transcript of Records and Diploma are to be used in Saudi Arabia he should take the ff steps:

1. Bring the said documents (Diploma and Transcript) to the Dept of Foreign Affairs to receive the apostille.

2. After the apostille is done, the document should be brought to the Saudi Embassy to be legalized or authenticated.

Only then can they be used in Saudi Arabia.

robal

It's a can of worms...

1. What is an Apostille and when do I need one?

An Apostille is a certificate that authenticates the origin of a public document. It is issued by a country that is party to the Apostille Convention to be used in another country which is also a party to the Convention.

3. In which countries does the Apostille Convention apply?

The Apostille Convention only applies if both the country where the public document was issued and the country where the public document is to be used are parties to the Convention. For the updated list of all "Apostille Countries," please visit this link: https://www.hcch.net/en/instruments/con … le/?cid=41

4. What do I do if the country where I need to use my public document is not an Apostille Country?

By 14 May 2019, DFA-OCA will issue Apostille Certificates to all documents submitted for authentication. If your public document is to be used in a country where the Apostille Convention does not apply, you should contact the Embassy or Consulate of the country where you intend to use the document in order to find out what your options are. This usually means that you need to present your documents to the said country's Embassy or Consulate in the Philippines for its authentication/legalization.

In short, you need to take your docs to the Saudi Embassy/Consulate in The Philippines and ask them what you need to do..

Munchie wrote:

It's a can of worms...

1. What is an Apostille and when do I need one?

An Apostille is a certificate that authenticates the origin of a public document. It is issued by a country that is party to the Apostille Convention to be used in another country which is also a party to the Convention.

3. In which countries does the Apostille Convention apply?

The Apostille Convention only applies if both the country where the public document was issued and the country where the public document is to be used are parties to the Convention. For the updated list of all "Apostille Countries," please visit this link: https://www.hcch.net/en/instruments/con … le/?cid=41

4. What do I do if the country where I need to use my public document is not an Apostille Country?

By 14 May 2019, DFA-OCA will issue Apostille Certificates to all documents submitted for authentication. If your public document is to be used in a country where the Apostille Convention does not apply, you should contact the Embassy or Consulate of the country where you intend to use the document in order to find out what your options are. This usually means that you need to present your documents to the said country's Embassy or Consulate in the Philippines for its authentication/legalization.

In short, you need to take your docs to the Saudi Embassy/Consulate in The Philippines and ask them what you need to do..

You couldn´t have stated it better!

It is a lot easier now no red ribbon required only the apostille here in USA

Okieboy wrote:

It is a lot easier now no red ribbon required only the apostille here in USA

That is the purpose of the Hague Apostille Convention - to make things easier for the citizens of signatory countries. Philippines and the US are members, so it saves a lot of time...

Does anyone know how a Filipina (residing in Philippines) gets her Guam divorce from her American ex-husband 5 years ago, Apostilled, so she can register the divorce in the Philippines?

msls6 wrote:

Does anyone know how a Filipina (residing in Philippines) gets her Guam divorce from her American ex-husband 5 years ago, Apostilled, so she can register the divorce in the Philippines?

If you have the divorce decree in possession, you have to send that decree to the responsible State
Dept in Guam to have the apostille. Then you can register that in the Philippines. Here´s one channeler
to help out and expedite the process.

https://www.apostille247.com/states/guam-apostille.html

Good luck!

robal

I will let her know. Thanks so much!

msls6 wrote:

I will let her know. Thanks so much!

You´re welcome,

Good day!

I wanted to ask about how we can process our marriage in philippine i am filipina and in relation with Egyptian nationality..
We are living together for almost a year here in Saudi Arabia and we wanted to processed our marriage as soon as possible. I read about ur comment in a site of Embassy thats why i am hoping and trying to get some help if you can guide us..
Thanks and expecting for your reply.
Best Regards..

Safi safia wrote:

Good day!

I wanted to ask about how we can process our marriage in philippine i am filipina and in relation with Egyptian nationality..
We are living together for almost a year here in Saudi Arabia and we wanted to processed our marriage as soon as possible. I read about ur comment in a site of Embassy thats why i am hoping and trying to get some help if you can guide us..
Thanks and expecting for your reply.
Best Regards..

Have you gotten married already in Saudi Arabia? If not, it´s better for YOU to get married in the Philippines. If you´re Catholic you can have a civil marriage or church if you so desire. No polygamy
allowed as in muslim countries. Living together without a  marriage in Saudi Arabia I believe is punishable by their laws.

If you marry in the Philippines your foreign husband to be needs a Certificate that he is not married to anyone else and is illegible to enter into a Marriage Contract - issued by his Consulate or Embassy in Manila or even Saudi Arabia...