Work visa

Good afternoon everybody!
Sorry for my english, I'm Italian and I'm a member of the Sri Lankan forum on the italian site version, but nobody can help me.
I'm trying to move to Sri Lanka, and probably I will go there to help a local man in the restyling of his hotel.
Do you think is it possible to have the working visa if he make me a contract as an employee from another country?
Of course I do not have 250.000 dollars to obtain a resident visa, and I know it's possible to open a company with local people, but it's really expensive, too.
Do you have any information about employee contracts?
I know Sri Lanka i full of english people, an I hope someone can help me.
Thank you in advance.
Have a nice day everybody!

Fran

Hello Fran.

Do not hesitate to go through the other threads on Visas in Sri Lanka. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thank you Aurélie.

:)

Hi Fran,

It all depends what sort of company you are going to work for in Sri Lanka. If its a BOI (Board of Investment) registered company, he just needs to file in some papers related to your selection and company details. The BOI is going to issue a letter for your Entry Visa to the immigration authorities in Sri Lanka. A copy of that letter should be emailed to you by your employer and then you need to apply for the visa at the Sri Lankan Embassy in Italy. If everything goes well, you will be give a one month Entry Visa which usually contains your weok permit number on it. Once you are here, your employer will submit your passport with all other related documents to the immigration authorities and you will be issued a one year work / residence visa.

Now in case your employers company does not come under BOI, he has to file in all the relevant documents to the Ministry of Travel & Tourism or which ever ministry deals with hotels and stuff. This process takes forever and is quite difficult because he has to prove that local talent is not available and only you can do the job. Once the letter from the Ministry is issued to Immigration department, the rest of the procedure is the same. Go to the Sri Lankan embassy - get your entry visa and once here, submit your application for residence / work visa.

I hope the above clarifies most of your concerns.

Thank you very much SilentnQuiet!
Your suggestions are very precious!
No, my projects are with a private owner, so I suppose we have to find a different way.
In 40 days I'll be there to meet a Lawyer about this.

Thank you for your help and your time!
I will let you know!

F.

You are most welcome and please do let me know if you need any help on this matter.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum pls]

Hello are there any BOI companies in the Hotel Industry that are willing to sponsor a work permit. I am from the hotel industry and am looking for such companies

(moderated: you are welcome to give useful info on the forum. Thank you)

Hi,

How are you?
I am hotellier and studied and worked in Switzerland. If you need , we could discuss about this matter of a work permit.
Have a nice day!
Take care

Hi Charith,

I appreciate any kind of help regarding work visa. Can you give me a call under 0778928905
regards,
Ruwan

Hi all: I am not sure how this blog works though I have paid for membership. My responses keep getting moderated off as an ad when I am giving helpful information that is welcome by the people who post. So probably this will be moderated off too and thus I stopped contributing sometime ago and need to cancel this membership right away as it is useless if we are not clear as to what and we cannot post.

Anyhow with the very high strung possibility of being moderated off as usual: work permits are rather streamlined by the Sri Lankan Government and Immigration now. If you have a job offer whether it is a BOI or private company, depending on the nature of the business, the line ministries are outlined. You make an application and then your visa recommendation comes through and you submit this to immigration. The only thing you have to be aware of is that you must ensure that by getting this job you are in fact contributing our economy in Sri Lanka and not depriving a Sri Lankan national of a job opportunity.

@sammoon > you should read the Code of Conduct on the forum Sri Lanka and note that Expat.com is free for every member.

Thank you.

[sorry for the off topic]

Ok thanks. I will. I am not sure what I paid for then. Approx $300. will check. My mistake.