Residency visas?

Hi- has anyone out here had experience of applying for a residency visa that is not spousal or employment related? e.g. a business residency visa or company ownder? I'd be keen to hear about your experiences and whether you needed a lawyer to help you with it?

Thanks!

Hi There is a prostige to aplied for residence visa
1 need appointement letter from sri lankan company
2 application to be field to immigration office
3 request an entry visa from the sri lankan embasy in your country
4 come to sri lanka with an entry visa
5 apply for resident visa to immigration office

Hi Take a look at this.

My Dream Home Visa Programme.

www.immigration.gov.lk/web/index.php?op … 99&lang=enwww.immigration.gov.lk/web/index.php?op … 99&lang=en

thanks people! unfortunately dream home visas are for over 55s though!

Are there any British Ex Pats living in SL. Fancy a chat about living there, we are looking into the My Dream Home Visa Programme.

Thanks.

What I did was to go to a well known lawyer, to establish a company and then get the residence visa. It was more expensive of course, but I did nothing at all except signing the forms they provided. I couldn't believe it'd be that easy (except the price lol). If you are around Galle I can give details.
Good luck.

Hi zbbo, I've been trying for years to get a residence visa in Sri Lanka and I wonder how it can be that easy by just opening up a business? Can u tell me more and how to proceed? Do u need a lawyer? For u info, I lived inSl for 7 years thanks to a sponsorship... But that was almost 10 years ago now. Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Caatz....

I think I can help you. where are you now and what is your present citizenship...? pls write to me with details.