Local companies to consult on Libyan laws

Dear all,

Do you think you could name here the local law firms that provide consulting service to your companies? What is the practice in your companies when dealing with local laws? Do you simply get the consultation and take it for granted or do you get the relevant law/part of it translated into English? Do you order it somewhere or do your local translators handle this?

To be more specific, I want to know the process of company registering. And where can I read (in English), if at all, the relevant regulations?

Any info would be much appreciated, thanks!

Hi,
Speak to the British Embassy in Tripoli and they will give you list of credited lawyers
Then its up to you to choose
Mick

Here's some bedtime reading material for you. It's a US embassy document but the rules and regulations are relevant to all non-Libyan nationals.

Santa Claus Loves You

Scottish needing advice wrote:

Hi,
Speak to the British Embassy in Tripoli and they will give you list of credited lawyers
Then its up to you to choose
Mick

and if I'm not a British national, can I still ask for that?

Sandman,

many thanks! you are very in the centre of everything as usual! I surfed over this doc but as of 2006, the fresh data will be very useful!

Palachakh wrote:

and if I'm not a British national, can I still ask for that?

No, you'll need to speak to the commercial section of the Russian (?) embassy.

Sandman6 wrote:

No, you'll need to speak to the commercial section of the Russian (?) embassy.

That's what I thought. Thanks again, Sandman. I looked the doc through and it quite satisfied my curiosity so far.

Dear Palachakh

i have an address for credit law firm that been working with my company for 3 years now

Al-Kilani
Attorney-at-law and legal consultant

Mohamed Al-Kilani
Managing Partner

Tel: 333 2143
FAX: 444 7919
Mobile : 091 380 38 30
Email : Info@mkilanilawfirm.com.ly

give him a call and I'm sure he can help you

regards
Nolla

Dear Nolla,

thanks a lot!

Hi

I recommend getting in touch with a certified accountancy office, these people deal with this everyday, and in most cases have contacts in tax department,and other areas, as you probably should look for the most economical / practical option for yaa.

If you don't have one in mind I can recommend someone to you.

Good luck.