Flights from Scotland and northern England to Bulgaria

Does anyone have any info regards flights from Scotland and northern England to (any) destination in Bulgaria?

From Scotland you have to fly to Sofia via London,Paris or Amsterdam. There are flights from Edinburgh direct to Burgas (3.5 hours) but I think they only run during summer but not sure bout that. This was the flight I took a month ago then had to travel inland from Burgas
Ron

Thanks Ron.
Are you living in Bulgaria?
Im just starting to look at the prospect of living there.
I would appreciate any "inside" knowledge!

Cheers  Cal

Not living there yet Cal. I have my house here on the market and await an early retiral deal from work hopefully by year end. I've been to BG 3 times in last 12 months looking at properties so picking up knowledge all thwe time and happy to help if I can

Hi again Ron,

Ive just started looking this week!
Heard an old friend had bought a 3 bed with land ultra cheap.
Went on line out of curiousity and couldnt believe the "bargains"!
The areas I have been looking at are rural properties near
Veliko Turnova and the same type of propety inland from Bourgas.
As you said yesterday,there are flights from Edinburgh to Sofia,
and I also believer there are flights to Bourgas,but am I right in thinking these are seasonal (especially Bourgas)?
What parts have you been looking at,and what are your thoughts so far?
Would appreciate some feedback from someone further down the line than I am .

Cheers  Cal

Hi Cal
As I said there are flights from Edinburgh to Burgas but I think they are seasonal but maybe not as Burgas is big for skiers in winter. From Burgas to VT is about 3 hours by bus but clearly it would take less by car. We've been to VT 3 times now and looked at 20-30 houses in the surrounding villages to get a feel for whats what and VT has a big ex pat population as well or so I'm told.
We've looked at other areas as well but VT seems to be the area we keep going back to. You might have a look at this site
http://ch-eu.com/
This is the estate agent we've used most there. We've been with others but think this is the best one and their website is good and we're quite friendly now with one of the partners in the business.
But any questions feel free to use my personal e mail at [email protected] and I'm happy to help if I can and share my albeit limited knowledge. My partners is Bulgarian so she helps as well with her wide knowledge of the villages. Hopefully my house here will sell soon and we'll be off to BG!

Ron