Working as chemical engineering technician undergratuated in Brasil

Hi! I'd like to know, if anyone from Brazil can help me, if in Brazil is chemical industry is developed?

I've got many years of experience in foody and textile Industries, and now I'm attend a course about tanning leather. I've worked also as chemical analyst. I've attended some courses in chemical Engineering at College and now I'm working as a researcher at the Italian Institute of Technology (istituto italiano di tecnologia)

I speak English at good level and I'm learning Portuguese, I think that the Potoguese is very easy to learn if someone is Italian.

And I've also great skills in informatics. I have been webmaster, webdesigner and webdeveloper here in Italy. I know perfectly Matlab, C, Java, HTML, javascript, Jquery, CSS, PHP and SQL.

Do you think I could find a job well-paid in Brazil as chemical engineering technician even if I'm not a Gratuated?

Yes, Brazil has quite a highly advanced chemical industry sector. Dow Chemical and many other multi-nationals all have operations here and you will find chemical companies spread all over the country.

You will need to be concerned about having your credentials recognized here in Brazil so please check the link below for my posting on 'Revalidation of (foreign) degrees in Brazil'.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=177474

You should be aware that finding any kind of job here in Brazil is no easy task for foreigners since there are various laws requiring employers to prove that they have exhausted all efforts to place a Brazilian who is qualified and must fill the position with a foreigner. The easiest way to find a job here is by approaching a multi-national with Brazilian operations in your home country and find out if they have any vacancies here.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog

Oh Thank you very much for answering.

But I'm not gratuated.

Anyway why should my Diploma be recognized my credentials?

does it need that my accademic titles are validated to work in Brazil even if I have long career?

There is a very formal process for the Brazilian government to recognize diplomas granted in other countries. Read the link.

Cheers,

Yes I got that, but I mean: without this recognizing can't I work as a chemical engineering technician for a company in Brazil ?

Thanks again...

Hi Salvio,

How would you get a job as a Chemical Engineering Technician if you have no qualifications (legally speaking). Unless you follow the process and have your diplomas or course certificates validated here in Brazil nobody will accept you for a job in that position. Brazil is full of homegrown Chemical Engineers and Technicians. The government mandates that companies hire them before a foreigner (even one whose diplomas have been validated here). If you're talking simply about previous work experience in the profession in your home country, that isn't worth a thing as far as getting a job here. In Brazil it's the paper you have in your hand, not what you've got in your head. We have doctors, lawyers and engineers who have graduated in countries with educational systems far superior to Brazil's who are no longer working in their professions because they have not revalidated their diplomas here. Bureaucracy wasn't invented in Brazil, we just turned it into a SCIENCE.

Cheers,

Thanks for your answers!

I've found this:

http://br.linkedin.com/pub/alessandro-grandi/25/a37/ab1

In Formação acadêmica I can read a sort of equivalence but I can't understand in Brasilian what this guy is.

In Italy He has the same title as me. Here we are "Periti chimici industriali" that is something like: experts in industrial chemistry, more or less. In italy who attends this high school Diploma can be a professionist after 2 years of practise, in fact this is a profession here.

Whats is a extinto Engenheiro Operacional?

Anyway this gut works as a chemical engeeniering chemistry or something like that at this place:

"REVESTINDO EM CERMICA
Cifel Termoindustrial"

is it possibile that in Brasil his High School Diploma has been recognise?

Since it is his own business (he's Director so that's what it means) I doubt that any of his diplomas have been "officially" recognized by the Ministry of Education in Brazil. In his case it really doesn't matter, but for anyone wanting to work for a company or enter private practice their diplomas must be recognized.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Strange, another Italian told me that there were no problem about his Diploma that is the same as me.

Theirs Diploma were recognized. And The guy on LinkedIn become and Enegeenier as you can see.

Fortunately you don't work at the Ministry of Education in Brazil :):):)

Thanks.

Salvio,

No, I don't work for the Ministry of Education, I'm just telling you the way that "Revalidation" of foreign diplomas works here in Brazil according to Brazilian law.

I looked at the Linkedin page of Alessandro Grandi, there is absolutely nothing on the page that states his degree has been revalidated and recognized here in Brazil or not. Since he is the owner of his own business it really doesn't matter.

As far as the friends you've mentioned they may be working in their field without the benifit of a recognized diploma and that's not something I will argue either way. However, if they are working in a profession here in Brazil that requires a diploma and something goes wrong there are a great many legal problems they can face if they haven't had their diplomas recognized by the Ministry of Education.

I never said it is IMPOSSIBLE to find work I just stated that the diplomas (by law) must be recognized. Sorry you aren't happy with that response, but that's the way things work here in Brazil.

What is it you guys say? Something about..... "When in Rome, do as the Romans do"

If you wish to see information about the revalidation process and the documents required check out this posting.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=177474

Cheers,

Ok. I was only kidding, I hope you weren't upset about.

I know you're trying to help me and I can only tell you thanks again.

Please believe me I was only kidding.

Thnaks for the link, I'm going to read in there.

Cheers.

Salvatore Esposito

Hi Salvatore,

Wasn't in the least upset. Just wanted to make sure you had the right information and didn't wind up behind the 8 ball. Brazil didn't invent bureaucracy, but they've refined it into a science. Consequently everything that involves the government here in any way is much more complex than you could possibly imagine. We foreigners have to make sure every I is dotted and T crossed especially when it comes to immigrations and to education as a result.

Cheers,