Need a job in Budapest

I am a software engineer from India.
(still studying, will complete grad in June/July 2013)
I need a job in Budapest, does not matter what kind. That will ensure me a residential visa, right?
my age is 21.

indianhippie wrote:

I need a job in Budapest, does not matter what kind. That will ensure me a residential visa, right?
my age is 21.

You'd be lucky to get a job here. A business would have to sponsor you and unless you have unique skills. A unique skill would be say, speaking perfect Hungarian and perfect English and unique knowledge of some subject, like open heart surgery or kidney transplants etc, it would be unlikely that you could find a sponsor easily. Some Indian companies operate here. Try getting a job with one of them and perhaps they will transfer you to Budapest. The question is why you want to come here? Surely there are better opportunities elsewhere given that Hungary is moribund and it's a very small economy. The USA or Australia would be more worthwhile.

fluffy2560 wrote:
indianhippie wrote:

my age is 21.

You'd be lucky to get a job here. A business would have to sponsor you and unless you have unique skills. A unique skill would be say, speaking perfect Hungarian and perfect English and unique knowledge of some subject, like open heart surgery or kidney transplants etc, it would be unlikely that you could find a sponsor easily. Some Indian companies operate here. Try getting a job with one of them and perhaps they will transfer you to Budapest. The question is why you want to come here? Surely there are better opportunities elsewhere given that Hungary is moribund and it's a very small economy. The USA or Australia would be more worthwhile.

Hungary being 'Moribound'... that is a bit of an overstatement. I hope you did not mean it in the sense of 'dying out'.
But I would also not expect great economic wonders here for the next, uhm, two to five years, partly for political reasons.
Generally, it is true though, that a job in Germany or any of the richer countries will earn you a better salary. But I guess, you knew that. (How is the situation in Pune?)

Sorry, but Fluffy seems to be unaware of the fact that - from the perspective of an environmentm, being in that sort of bussiness -  IT is still one of the relatively OK industries in Hungary, mind the word 'relatively'. (I even have the feeling that open heart surgery or kidney transplantation are not the best skills to have here for a young foreigner, as medicine is not an easy bussiness ariund here). Certanly, it is not the best time to start here. Starting anywhere as an outsider is hard, anyway.

But, if you are, say, very good in English (additional German is a plus), willing to learn some Hungarian (not too useful anywhere else), have some Engineering degree, good IT skills (and evidence thereof), preferably some sort of work record (say, as a side project during university), and you would not mind to work for a Hungarian salary, perhaps even slightly lower... (Perhaps some forum members can give realistic numbers- or disagree alltogether).
Then, I imagine there are jobs out there for you. But how to find them?
That is especially hard, if you are not her personally. The idea with trying Indian companies working in Hungary seems a good one, why not start there.

I wonder, though: Do you have some personal reason to come here, or do you figure it is easier to get a job here than 300 km to the west?  (Perhaps competition is fiercer there, as whole eastern europe is queuing already?)

It's just a question of price:
You could surely find a programming job for half the regular pay, with the other half going towards paying off whatever expenses this "sponsorship" thing incurs.

szocske wrote:

It's just a question of price:
You could surely find a programming job for half the regular pay, with the other half going towards paying off whatever expenses this "sponsorship" thing incurs.

That almost sounds like people trafficking.

I think we get a lot of folks in these forums from Asia looking for an opportunity to move into the EU in some way.

My comments on open heart surgery etc were tongue in cheek. The underlying point for the OP appeared to have no special skills so who would go to the time and trouble to sponsor someone to come here? Wouldn't be worth it for the employer.

There are plenty of graduates being produced from universities in Hungary and elsewhere in the EU who could do the work the OP (presumably) is capable

In guess what I am saying to the OP is don't bother about here - locals have a massive head start. The OP should look (say) to Australia or the USA where they have specific sponsorship programmes for immigration of all types of people, not just those with specifc skills.