New to Saudi Arabia- hailing from Ha'il

Hi everyone.
I'm new to Saudi Arabia and am currently situated in Ha'il.
Could anyone explain to me from the beginning what I need to do i.e. how do I go about getting my iqama, how do expats keep sane when there's practically nothing to do and is it possibe to bring a family member with you to Saudi Arabia?
Also I'm currenty using an internet dongle and I'm not sure how long it will last is there a modem that I can get with uncapped internet?

Hope to hear from you guys soon....

Welcome Moliya,

Iqama you will receive with your sponsor if you came with his visa, Bringing family is depend on your profession (on visa) if it is having family status you can bring your family. For internet please check www.stc.com.sa or mobily.com.sa or sa.zain.com.sa they have alot of plans....

hope it will help you

1. you need to go for a Medical Test and the Test report should be submitted to your sponsor/employer.(In Any Medical center or poly clinic nearby your residence)
2. Handover your Original Passport, Medical Test report, 8 photo copies and Job Offer letter to your sponsor / employer.
3. In return he will provide you an acknowledgement letter stating that you are a new employee of his company and your Iqama(Residence Permit card) is under process of issuance.
4.Always carry your Acknowledgement letter from your sponsor, copy of your passport , phone number of your sponsor / employer along with you whenever you go outside the home.
5. Keep in touch with your sponsor / employer. sometimes Iqama is issued in just 1 day sometimes it takes 1 week or sometimes 1 or more than a month. Depends upon activeness of sponsor / employer.
6.Passport will remain in the custody of sponsor untill you request to leave this country for vacation or forever. and your sponsor will handover your Iqama by which you can move anywhere in the Kingdom.

About Internet:
Contact Your Neighbours for a sharing Wired or wireless internet connection. Untill you get your Iqama you cannot Purchase any internet sim card / mobile sim card or dongle as it requires your Iqama Id number for registration.

Thank you for all of your assistance.

Moliya

Hi. You can make a visit visa for two years for the family