Hello!

Hello to all, my name is Craig, I have recently moved over from Scotland with my partner as she has been offered a teaching job just ouside the Liege area. We have set up in Liege as it was close to her place of work as well as it being a beautiful city. Currently I am looking for work, so any help would be greatly appreciated. I do not have a specific job title that I am looking for, but have an honours degree in HR and have worked in previous employment, focusing on customer service. Currently searching via the internet as this seems to be my best bet as my French isn't the best, so looking for work outwith Liege too. Also, I'm very keen to try and find a football club as I'm having withdrawal symptoms since moving, as I used to play three times a week. Any advice or general chat would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Haggis and Tatties.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

So as to make it more visible, your post has been moved to the Liège forum.

Concerning the job, you should post an advert in the Jobs in Liège section. It could help.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi,

I'm Drew from Scotland. Your new situation sounds almost identical to my own two years ago! Any help I can give you I'll do my best. Send an email whenever if you need any advice/help.

Since I work for them, Id have to first recommend using StepStone to search for work, but you may have already come across that website. Looking for work in Brussels is definitely do-able especially when your company covers most of the travel costs, and the trip back and forth each day is bearable - lots of people do it.

Football's not my sport so can't help you with that one much! But if you head up to the Cointe area for instance you normally get a game - in Summer at least. Theyre all quite fair weather players unlike most Scots. Not sure about any clubs in particular though I know there's weekly indoor games going on at a hall on Rue de la Constitution on Friday and Saturday evenings.

Drew