South African looking to work & live in France

I am a young South African woman looking to work and live in France for a period of about 1 to 2 years. I have travelled to France previously on holiday and absolutely fell in love with the people, the culture and the lifestyle. Although I am not French and am unable to speak the language, I descent from a French-Mauritian family and would be able to pick up the language relatively quickly, due to hearing it on a day-to-day basis. I also have family living in France and so accommodation would not pose a problem for me.

In order for me to obtain a Visa I need to find a job, which as an English speaker, has posed to be rather difficult to say the least. I have a B Comm. Degree in Marketing & Business Management and currently work for a Graphic Design and Marketing Communications Company.

If anybody knows any contacts or companys that might be willing to consider me for a position that would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to hearing any advice you have to offer!

I think in order for you to have any chance of finding a job in Paris, you really need to be able to speak French very well. If you got lucky I suppose you could find a job with an international company that conducts all its business in English but has offices in Paris - but I think the realistically this will be too difficult to find.

Hey there Helen.
From what I've seen, many English-speaking people come to France and teach English in private schools for adults. Is it something you may want to check out ?

Good day everyone.

Hope you are all doing well ? I have a similar question than Helen85.

I am a South African citizen currently visiting my French girlfriend in France. We did not manage to find her a working permit in South Africa as one of the requirements are to prove that we are living together for at least two years. We have only been together for two years now and only managed to be physically together for about 9 months of those two years.

So we have decided that both of us go to France and she currently commenced with employment thus wont be able to return to South Africa any time soon.

I have applied for so many jobs and the replies from employers are that I need a working permit. But with my research it seems that i need find employment first and then the employer must apply for my working permit.

I have 10 years experience as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer and 9 years experience as a Construction Project Manager. I can even speak a little Portuguese from working previously in Mozambique on projects.

So at this point i am out of options and ideas.

Anyone out there that may assist have any advice or ideas ? It will be highly appreciated.

@Chamonn01

You have posted on an old ( 2009) inactive thread. I suggest you open a new thread. One problem would be lack of French language skills. Have you thought of contacting aircraft maintenance companies for possible employment.