Life and Cost of living in Siem Reap

Hi folks,i am spyke from belgium,looking for  inof on the life of expats in siem reap.i tend to make the move.  Somewhere half 2013.i am a young retired person and look for something to keep me occupied,like giving some english lessons or ehbo,or ict to poor children.ngo's are welcome also to reply.i also would ask info about the costs of live ,rent,food and misc in siem reap.ps i see that a moderator is from isle maurice,je vois que tye viens de grand bhaye,j'ai vecus a troux au biche pour quelges semaines a 2007 ,trep beau place pour vivre la bas, mais un peut petit.j'espere que vous pouveze me donner des tip aussi,merci d'avance.

Hello Spyke49.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

A new thread has been created from your message on the Siem Reap forum.

In meantime, you can read the other threads on the Siem Reap forum, it may help.

I hope other members will give you some tips and advices.

PS: There is an existing Francophone forum where you can post your message in french. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

I am from the flemmisch(dutch) speaking side of belgium

I am lpanning on retiring to Siem Reap in a couple of months.  Is there internet service available in the English language?

I want to relocate to Siem Reap.   I am curriently retired and living in Guatemala.   I have read and heard that upon arrival in Cambodia, a one year business visa, renewable every three months, is available.  Can anyone confirm this?

Rudolph, thank you for the information.  I also understand that I can arrive in CAmbodia, without a visa and be allowed to enter.  When I arrive at the immigration/passport officer, is this when I request the business visa?

Stafford

Rudolf, thank you for the information.   It is very helpful.   As for another question...  Can I trust a local real estate agent in helping me find a suitable rental house?   I am worried that they will guide me to the crime neighborhoods, or lead me to the extra expensive rental houses.

Thank you.

Stafford

Easy business visa is proof that Cambodia is welcoming.