About job and cost of living in Norway

hi i am new in this forum i am suppose to avail job seeker visa, m bit nervous is it possible to get job over ther & hows is cost of living?

Hi Jyoti!

The cost of living in Norway:

1 litre of milk - a little over 2 Euro

œ cola from a newsagent - a little less than 3 euro

Vegetables and such things should be no problem, and if you buy from supermarkets/groceries then they are reasonable priced with few exceptions.

Meat is expensive.

As time goes by, you will learn to know where you can save and where you can't , however accomodation is expensie, and therefore you would probably need to share accomodation in a shared flat and you can browse through accommodation adds on this link: http://www.finn.no/finn/realestate/lettings/browse1 (just choose the city below and you can see the price in Norwegian kroners).

You will find things very expensive, however the salaries are also high so it would be allright at the end of the day!

I hear they cut transportation costs in Oslo - before it was very expensive for a monthly pass...and I hear they have cut electricity costs also.

Hello JYOTI1604.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

A new thread has been created on the Norway forum from your message for more interaction.

You can read these articles on Work in Norway. It can help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie