European Community

Bruckner wrote:

I'm still waiting for the Asian Community to open so I could ask to join.

Habibi, why don't you start a new thread for Asian community ? Let's see how it goes. :)

Alliecat wrote:
ex_pa wrote:

i dont want to go to Europe . am broke too

Eastern Europe ROCKS and is a lot cheaper, too.

I have to say that Krakow, Poland is one of my favorite places :)

where else in the world have u gone to ?

Alliecat wrote:

I want to be Romanian.  I heard that Bucharest is particularly nice this time of year ;)

We should swap nationalities for a day or two :D. Romania would be better off without Bucharest.

ghanshyampdave wrote:

Habibi, why don't you start a new thread for Asian community ? Let's see how it goes. :)

I'm planning to start one after my retirement in Thailand. Until then, you're more qualified to do so.

Alliecat wrote:

Eastern Europe ROCKS and is a lot cheaper, too.

I have to say that Krakow, Poland is one of my favorite places :)

Krakow has a nice architecture. I'm a northern countries fan but life is tougher there. It seems it's easier to cope with life in general in Portugal, for example, than in Norway, where you have to face the winter. This is one of the reasons people originating in the south are thought to be lazier than those in the north as the latter have to struggle more for their well being.

ex_pa wrote:

i dont try to socialize cuz what if i wasnt welcomed

just get over your jitters....we all want to feel welcomed and appreciated....if you don't find that then you'd be hanging out with the wrong crowd ;)

@ Maiss

From the response, sounds like it's going to be a UK group!

There are loads of groups in Saudi - can't really see why non-Europeans are objecting.

@harry  the originator of this thread hasn't been heard from in months so addressing a comment to her is wasting your breath (or in this case, your keystrokes).

But it can be fun nonetheless haha

depends on your idea of fun, I suppose lol

Yeah, not much fun for me, but whatever floats your boat, whatever lights your candle etc etc haha

hi everybody!!  its a good idea what maiss say about networking E.U. in riyadh and as she say its open to all! My fiiancé will arrive in riyadh on 15 november maybe you can help her to get into the lifestyle in rsa? for myself i need to found a sponsor to joint her because the yibreen spa where she will be working is just for female so no place for a male fitness instructor... i see on the topic that E.U comunity can disturb some... but world have place for everybody so open your mind and get in meeting new people and new culture is the goal of life no?

I don't think it's a question of people being against the community, just that some people wanted to join but felt a little excluded by calling it a "European Community" only! I, for the record don't have a problem with it, considering the fact that I am British and thus European (though I'm fairly certain many of my compatriots would deny this tooth and nail!)

I hope you manage to come out here in your own right. There are plenty of gyms around the city, whether or not they are wanting to recruit expat fitness instructors, I have no idea!

cant wait to be there!!! thanks tonguetwister i hope you right and i will quickly found something have a nice day!! ;)

Have a great expat-blog day :) haha

tonguetwister wrote:

I don't think it's a question of people being against the community, just that some people wanted to join but felt a little excluded by calling it a "European Community" only! I, for the record don't have a problem with it, considering the fact that I am British and thus European (though I'm fairly certain many of my compatriots would deny this tooth and nail!)

I hope you manage to come out here in your own right. There are plenty of gyms around the city, whether or not they are wanting to recruit expat fitness instructors, I have no idea!

First off, as I keep saying, the initiator of this idea is long gone so this talk is moot unless somebody else is going to try to get it going.

I think feathers were ruffled because, for one thing, there already IS an expat club (if you check stickies you'll see it) for everyone.  No specific nationality, nobody excluded.

As for me, I really felt "European" thing was a way to exclude 2nd and 3rd world-ers and was tantamount to racism.

tonguetwister wrote:

Have a great expat-blog day :) haha

you seem to have a good mood today

@ Alliecat

Hadn't noticed the date - don't know why this thread is so high on the list if it is (or was) dead.

BTW - another week and still not bored!

harryKSA wrote:

BTW - another week and still not bored!

That's cause you're special ;)

[Moderated]

rajroy wrote:

[Moderated]

duh :rolleyes:

rajroy wrote:

[Moderated]

good way to show interest by sharing mobile no. :)

i am just getting near to dead bored socially  :)

Is this group still alive???

I like this idia and I would like to give you all the support you may ask for
[large][/large]

I don't think it ever lived... It was stillborn.... Lol

tonguetwister wrote:

Oh jeeze LOL

sevo111 wrote:

I like this idia and I would like to give you all the support you may ask for
[large][/large]

Why would *you* be interested?  You're one of the ones excluded because you're not European.

Alliecat wrote:
tonguetwister wrote:

Oh jeeze LOL

Oh yeah, you know it was funny... :)

Maiss wrote:

It should be called the European and Expat Community Riyadh,

Gives a true picture of how welcoming you are going to be towards other nationalities.......

OOPSS!!! that seems to be an old post !!! how do i act as if i am new here and dont know how to read dates and posts :gloria

@LR  There's no excuse for you! :lol:

Alliecat wrote:

@LR  There's no excuse for you! :lol:

can we let this one slide for old times sake....good to be back here with you all

Good to have you back! :one

Alliecat wrote:

Good to have you back! :one

So what's going on here these days ??

you can count and me.....

This topic seems to be dead by now, but anyway... count me in if this thing still come to live. By the way, I'm Portuguese, thus European, and wishful to get into this or other groups.

Maiss,
I realy like your enphusiasm and courage and I realy like to be part of any thing with you, as you may know I am a doctor here in Riyadh and I will glad to give any kind of support to the group. I want to tell you I will do every effort to make this group succeed in grouping all its members togethes in all aspectes, whoever lives here for sometime knows well the importence of a group like this, so lets make it happen.

Some posts CRACK me up! :lol:

Bruckner wrote:

Some posts CRACK me up! :lol:

If you mean the one above yours, yes.

Some people just do NOT have a clue :rolleyes:

sevo111 wrote:

Maiss,
I realy like your enphusiasm and courage and I realy like to be part of any thing with you, as you may know I am a doctor here in Riyadh and I will glad to give any kind of support to the group. I want to tell you I will do every effort to make this group succeed in grouping all its members togethes in all aspectes, whoever lives here for sometime knows well the importence of a group like this, so lets make it happen.

:top::)

I must have missed this on the news.  When did Egypt become part of Europe?

Closed