MOVING TO BRATISLAVA

Hey Everyone ,

I have been offered a job in `bratislava . I was wondering if this was a good salary ? how much would would rent be? studio ? one bedroom?  living expenses etc.

Please let me know

Regards

Roshan

Hello Roshan.

Welcome to Expat.com!

Hope other members will soon advise you.

Concerning the accommodation, you can browse through the housing in Bratislava section and post an advert as well. It may help.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi,

In answer to your question, obviously it's relative to your standard of living now, but yes it's a good salary.
A 1 bedroom flat in an average area not far from the centre will cost about 500euro. A meal costs about 5euro for a set lunch menu.

If you need any help let me know, I have some good contacts.

Mark

more than happy to answer any your question  ROSHAN [Moderated: No free ad]

Hi everyone, please please help me. I am from India and got a Job offer in Slovakia in an American IT company.I am offered 1060 euro but after tax deduction It will be net 784 euro/ month. Apart from it the company will give 2 percent bonus on monthly salary once in year, depends on my performance.Company is also providing me one time food voucher and other free time activities's resources like for playing and providing discount in  restaurant & movies etc. The job is in the capital and the company in the main city.Now my question to all of you, is this salary enough for me or will I be able to handle my life standard? I follow an average living standard.How much will be expenses,like for the room rent in bratsilava, fooding & club etc? Well, Language is not a big deal, as I speak fluent German and English.I will be looking forward to you guys. I have to confirm my employer urgently. Please reply me, as soon as possible. Thanks in advance!D

Hi vstar,

784eur per month is not great, but it's an 'okay' salary for Bratislava. They might deduct 45% of your food vouchers (about 25 eur per month).

You can find a decent room in a shared flat for 200-250 per month, all bills included. The bus pass 25 eur for 30 days. Monthly expenses (food, cleaning products, etc.) are about 200eur or less per month (for an average living standard, as you mentioned).  The rest will be your pocket money for going out, shopping (which is pretty expensive in Bratislava), hobbies, travels, etc. :)

You might want to check the immigration costs though. EU nationals don't have to spend much to get the residence permit, but I know nothing about the procedures for non-EU nationals.

Hope this helps.

Good luck

Sabina

vstar wrote:

Hi everyone, please please help me. I am from India and got a Job offer in Slovakia in an American IT company.I am offered 1060 euro but after tax deduction It will be net 784 euro/ month. Apart from it the company will give 2 percent bonus on monthly salary once in year, depends on my performance.Company is also providing me one time food voucher and other free time activities's resources like for playing and providing discount in  restaurant & movies etc. The job is in the capital and the company in the main city.Now my question to all of you, is this salary enough for me or will I be able to handle my life standard? I follow an average living standard.How much will be expenses,like for the room rent in bratsilava, fooding & club etc? Well, Language is not a big deal, as I speak fluent German and English.I will be looking forward to you guys. I have to confirm my employer urgently. Please reply me, as soon as possible. Thanks in advance!D

Hi Doulfe, Thank you very much.The information you gave is really appreciable. Thanks again. :-)