Need help with our dog in china please!

Hi all,
We are new to this and are moving to Suzhou, China for 1year. The question we have, is there anyone that can offer some guidance as to what we need to do to bring our small dog with us. Also, is there any way to avoid the quarantine? We rescued our dog from a very bad environment and quarantine would be very hard on her.

Thank you to anyone that can assist!

Oh, and we are coming from Canada

Mark

Hi and welcome to Expat.com Mark!

I hope other members of the forum will be able to help you.

Regards
Armand

yeah man, i have a Canadian friend who already moved to Shanghai 5 months ago, and she plans to move again, i will PM you with her local phone so that u can consult her for advises and so on...

Is this puppy here now ?or you are planning to move it later?

Hi Mark,
I know your post is old but I would be curious to know how all went for you and your dog ?
I am from Quebec planning to move to Ningbo in a few months and I want to bring my lab with me.... I am trying to gather as much info as possible to make this the easiest way possible on my dog !!

I also hear that once the dog has been accepted in China, it would be difficult to move to another country with it. What do you think about this ?

Thanks for any advices ! :)
Nathalie

Well, for those who need some info about moving pets in Mainland and to Mainland from other countries:

The process is quite simple from outside Mainland: You have to have all the paper work for your pet which shows all its shots, basically. It would be advised that you speak to your pet's veterinarian about going abroad and what's required. Whatever paperwork you get, it most likely will need to be brought to the airlines when checking in to the flight, perhaps call the airline you are taking and ask them details about taking animals overseas.

In China, to move your animal is a pain in the butt, but not totally lost. You will need to take your pet to the cities official animal clinic (which it is best to go to a veterinarian in your city and ask them where it is. Then they will tell you that the animal has to get its shots, and perhaps will have to wait about 2wks-1 month, depending on the place, before you can ship your dog with you.

DO NOT use companies that offer this service unless they have a traceable working office, and a background of service. You don't want your pet being stolen, or killed and when it arrives at your destination, you find it lifeless. Many companies scam you, so research, and find a Chinese speaking person to help you research if a company is indeed legit, and local, just in case something goes wrong, you can find them.

That's all I can offer. I hope it at least provides an idea.

Peace,
Lin