Vehicle registration

I'm going to be driving my California registered motorcycle from California to Paraguay in the fall. i plan to drop it off at my best friend;s house. he and his Paraguayan citizen wife  live in my town,just built a home near Asuncion and go there often to visit their family. It would be nice for him to have a bike to ride, and me also. Obviously,I won;t be taking the bike out of the country, and when the documents i get at the border expire, the bike won;t be legal. What should we plan on doing to get this bike legally registered? They will not be there at the same time as me, and if Paraguay is like every place else, a non citizen can't register a bike. Can anyone guide me through this problem?
thanks!

Hi raspano,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I have moved your topic on the Paraguay forum for better visibility.

Best of luck,
Christine

Hi.
Not very sure here, the lawyers that's sometimes around here should know more, but besides you having to go to a customs agent which you'll need to import your bike into Py, I don't see any other big problems. 
Customs imply police check on it, and paying the import tax on it I would suppose, but I say it again, not sure.