Who Can Suggest A Good Place To Stay In Dubai ??

Hi!  I'm thinking about popping over in a week or two and I'm looking for a place to stay, a nice 3 star would be fine.  Any ideas?  I've done all the web searching and have a few ideas but thought maybe 'natives' might have some suggestions.

Also, is the metro okay for women?  I'm coming in from 3 years in KSA so the idea of brushing shoulders with a man has me *aghast*   :lol:  (joking!)  but still thought I'd ask if many women use it.

Any other ideas, suggestions?  Restaurants, etc.?

Thanks ! :)

PS.  WOW.. I almost forgot.  Tell me about some of the good 'Happy Hours' !!!!!!!! (I repeat, I'm coming in from Riyadh lol)

HAHAHAH u r so funny .... u r coming from Riyadh and I am going to Riyadh for few days.

Metro is very safe and many womens use it day and night ... U CAN SLEEP while u in metro no one will touch just watch :) .... You can mssg me and will take u to a good resturents

hi there.

Dubaihottels is little expensive those days as the weather is still ok .it all depends on your budget .

robinfood74 wrote:

hi there.

Dubaihottels is little expensive those days as the weather is still ok .it all depends on your budget .

Well, my friend, when I said three star and happy hour, that said it all!!!!!

Come on, Dubai peeps... you're disappointing me!!!!  If this were the KSA forum, I'd have ten suggestions by now :lol:

hi

i read ur post & am happy to assist u if u are really looking for the same.If u r interested plz ping me on my
BBM 280CD74D  or mail me at [email protected] plz suggest me if u have any budgets in mind.

warm regards
prince

prince026 wrote:

hi

i read ur post & am happy to assist u if u are really looking for the same.If u r interested plz ping me on my
BBM 280CD74D  or mail me at [email protected] plz suggest me if u have any budgets in mind.

warm regards
prince

'really looking for the same' ... errrr, what does *that* mean??

I don't need to call you or write to you--you can just post your suggestions here.

Thanks.

Alliecat wrote:

How many clues do you need? ;):lol:

Sandman6 wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

How many clues do you need? ;):lol:

I'm innocent :gloria

Hi Alliecat,

I have used to stay in Holiday Inn Hotel, its quite cheap and close to the Metro Station.

Metro is very safe and widely used by women so no worries in this regard.

Hope this helps :)

VidoDido wrote:

Hi Alliecat,

I have used to stay in Holiday Inn Hotel, its quite cheap and close to the Metro Station.

Metro is very safe and widely used by women so no worries in this regard.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks--it did :)

Hi...

if you still didnt book.... try booking.com

they have the best rates and special rates for different periods and you can choose your budget and type of room...

Metro is safe and clean... you dont need to worry...

It is better for you to choose a hotel located in Bur Dubai or Barsha as the metro is passing from these 2 areas and you will find around you everything u may need...

Supermarkets, restaurants, bars, pubs, malls...

if you need any more info or details, just let me know....

Abou Adeeb wrote:

Hi...

if you still didnt book.... try booking.com

they have the best rates and special rates for different periods and you can choose your budget and type of room...

Metro is safe and clean... you dont need to worry...

It is better for you to choose a hotel located in Bur Dubai or Barsha as the metro is passing from these 2 areas and you will find around you everything u may need...

Supermarkets, restaurants, bars, pubs, malls...

if you need any more info or details, just let me know....

Thanks!  About five days ago I did use booking.com  to get a room in Bur Dubai.

Now how about good happy hours??

:D

You can go for Al hamra fort in Ras Al Khaimah

larosanegra wrote:

You can go for Al hamra fort in Ras Al Khaimah

This is a Happy Hour ??  :huh:

check Spice Island Restaurant.... live stations... sushi, lobsters, chinese, thai, pasta... great food with totally open drink

Alliecat wrote:

Hi!  I'm thinking about popping over in a week or two and I'm looking for a place to stay, a nice 3 star would be fine.  Any ideas?  I've done all the web searching and have a few ideas but thought maybe 'natives' might have some suggestions.

Also, is the metro okay for women?  I'm coming in from 3 years in KSA so the idea of brushing shoulders with a man has me *aghast*   :lol:  (joking!)  but still thought I'd ask if many women use it.

Any other ideas, suggestions?  Restaurants, etc.?

Thanks ! :)

PS.  WOW.. I almost forgot.  Tell me about some of the good 'Happy Hours' !!!!!!!! (I repeat, I'm coming in from Riyadh lol)

Hiya, there are way too many options for hotels available. Depends what location you are going for and your budget?

And yes we all use the metro. Women even have a separate compartment ;)

Re bars, lots of places do ladies nights, so its better than happy hour.

Try Marina byblos in Dubai Marina Excellent palce for your stay and you get your happy hours too, they got a nice english pub in that hotel with an excellent live band so you will definitly like it.

i  think that  marina  is  good place to stay  in dubai .its  as  like  forigner  country .hope  u  will move  to dubai  soon and  meet  new  friends  to start  new  life .

It was only for a holiday--I've been there and back.  But I did enjoy myself, it was almost like being home! :)

Cheap place with good facility. in Deira behind radisson blu hotel...The le meridien hotel apartments.. Clean and homey, and a decent price tag if booked online...Good luck

Alliecat wrote:

It was only for a holiday--I've been there and back.  But I did enjoy myself, it was almost like being home! :)

Well next time you coming, feel free to contact. Look like you didnt have much reply on your subject, such a shame. For accomodation I could have found you a good 3 stars hotel in Tecom area, or even or room in a nice hotel in marina for da price of a room in bur dubai you could have get in contact and/or visited beyond-dubai.com for this.

Although, for happy hours, it's easy:
Gosevrnor house 'embassy bar' Westin hotel' Horizon lounge, Boudoir, Crystal, that for happy hours on ladies night...
Then you have good happy hours on other days such as wed at left bank etc etc.

Let us know when your next back ;-)