As'salaam alaykum , any expat muslims in pp ?

any expat muslims  in pp ?

Hi Aaliyah01!

A brief introduction would have not been refused.;)

Harmonie.

well, okay ..

I am Alina,Am a 30 yr Romanian Muslim , hardly have any expats to socialize in PP as i don't gather up for drinks and  the regular social expat meetings  and was wondering if there might be any others like me  to share mutual  interests
Am here working as an Fashion Design Lecturer at the moment , not planning to move back home too soon
Was wondering if anybody knows  any functioning masjids around BTK area and what other sorts of social activities might be going on within the group.. if there is any expat muslim group in PP that is

Walikum Salam,

Alhamdulliah there are many muslims in PP, and main two masjids in PP, one is in behind Phnom penh hotel and 2nd one is in Street 173.

There are some local cambodian HALAL restaurants beside the Phnom Penh hotel.

I hope it you can go easily for prayers.

Thanks
As'salaam Alaykum
Hussain

WS

thank u .

i pray at home

was looking for madjids to find some sister activities

In these Masjid's lot of sisters are coming for pray.

Outskirts of PP are the more masjid's.

Thanks

Hi Alya
asalam Alaykum
Am a Muslim from NZ gonna visiting PP in JUNE.
see you
zulfi

.. female muslims.

Just a question since i am not a Muslum.....Do Muslims only want to socialize with Muslums ?does this mean you wont consider others? or is this just an individual  preference?

oh lol.. yeah muslims do socialize with other people too but the lifestyle must be similar .. and it's quite difficult to know that  on socializing sites ... i grew up in a christian society so that narrows down my muslim circle, but the thing is that because of the  entire  lifestyle implied by islam itself  it makes it quite difficult to socialize with  the rest of the world.. like per example, in islam adultery is simply forbidden, the Quran doesn't only say to stay away from it but to also stay away from whatever may lead to that , therefore men and women don't socialize much if they're not family members( there's the mahram concept ) and if theres nothing specific to talk about then its better to avoid it .. it goes to the extent that not only women( and men )  must cover their bodies but also lower their gaze( for both men and women), you know, just in case, not  cz of fear or shyness or whatever other other way  people interpret this gesture bust simply to just stay away from unnecessary trouble.muslims don't drink alcohool,don't eat pork,and don't eat whatever has the name of another god mentioned over the food ..like in the name of jesus , amin..  don't socialize much with the opposite sex, etc..all in all the way the world is today it's quite difficult to socialize with people who  are not muslims for the simple fact that the lifestyle and morals usually clash ...and a second thing is that because people , the non muslims i mean, don't really know neither understand much about islam it simply makes  many muslims a target for verbal aggression, insults, bullying  etc.. for me personally it's very difficult to live here .. my friends here are majority christians,who are close to god, their lifestyle and morals is  very very similar to mine, just that we dress differently but  even then they're so nice that they overlook it and we accept eachother the way we are and respect eachother's beliefs  .. well basically that's how it is.

Alina,

Sound interesting! Cant wait to see u then ;)

Marhaba, I am not Muslim, but I lived in Middle East for a long time. I know a lot about Islam and Arab culture. I speak the Arabic language and I do not want to lose it. Any chance to practice it here? My email is [email protected]