Cost of living

Dear All,

I am considering moving to Cyrpus in May.
I have worked before on different island in Greece as a Tour Guide.
This time; I chose Cyprus as I consider staying there for winter too.
Could you tell me pls. whats the budget I need to have a solid and comfortable living?!

I would love to also know about the average salary amount.
If you by chance know agencies; or you have ideas where I could find a job while working with children, please let me know.

Thank you a lot.

Wishing you a wonderful day, Xenia

Hi Xenia, you're looking for a job in which sector?

Have you tried to post an advert in Limassol classifieds > Jobs section? It may help.;)

I wish you all the best,
Harmonie.

Hey Harmonie;

Efkaristo)) I look in fact for teaching English in a Language school or kindergarden or simply take care of kids)))).
Thanks a lot for your kind and fast reply. I will post an ad)))):

have a great; harmonious day)? Xenia

Hi Xenia,

It is hard to estimate what you need to have to get a comfortable living. It all depends on what you do monthly? Do you go out a lot, do you smoke, drink, party, drive a fancy car. It all influences on your estimated monthly budget.
The salaries are not high, an average i don't know. Try to search it on the internet too. There must be something to give you an idea. But perhaps you heard that before.
Where do you want to stay? Is it in Limassol, Paphos, Larnaca, Nicosia? Do you want to buy or to rent something?
Regards, Yvonne

Dear Yvonne,

Thanks a lot for your kind answer: I mean; where I can go out sometimes; not always; can afford buying clothes; food for normal life and as I dont really know the place; it doesnt matter for me, where I move. Any suggestions where its good to accompany and meet foreigners living in Cyprus?Can you recommend any site for job pls too and also any opinion is welcomed:
I truly appreciate your kindness.

cheers; Xenia

Hi Xenia,

A lot of foreigners are located in Paphos. That is a nice beautifull area and much greener than cities like limassol and larnaca. The last 2 mentioned are hectic to live in. Nicosia is the worst! People flee the city in the summer to go to cooler places based near the coastline, like Paphos.
With regard to jobs it is very hard to find a job nowadays In the tourist/hotel/restaurant sector you might find a job earlier than in any other sector. (I dont know the salaries in that sector) and I guess that May is a right time, because tourist will arrive.
And as for many jobs in Cyprus it is better to know someone in the company than being qualified enough to do the job.
Where do you want to live? You can find lots of information on the internet. Paphos is a nice city with everything you need and within minutes you are in higher levels which are really green :) and has magnificient views. It isn't flat at all in Paphos.
I you need to find yourself a home perhaps I can help you. (by the way if you have cash money you can get great deals now, because due to the crisis people want to sell quickly. If you have the moneny you can buy yourself a nice appartment/home.)
If you need any other information please feel free to ask.

Big cities that you can find job in various sectors:
Lefkosia, Larnaka

You can find job in the turist sector in these locations;
Pafos, Limmasol, Agia Napa, if you speak russian* & english fluently. These are very good places to live in, especially in the summer period.

Cypriots know english fluently so I suppose it will be hard to find a job as an english teacher without connections due to the competition. Students are normally doing that kind of job in part-time basis. A normal starting salary for a full-time job can be 900-1300 E.
Rent vary from place to place and requirements. You can find from 100 E up to 10.000 E
(The lower limit will need huge search ;P )

*russian language is an asset in Cyprus due to Russian investors/businessmen and turists.

regards

Hello,
I'm frensh teacher,can I know if I can find job in this country.
Thanks lot.

Hi friends, i from India am thinking of moving to Cyprus for a job in a hotel, im a qualified graduate in the same field with around 5 years of experience, i need to know how is to work there? I mean the social security,work culture.
How much salary should be good enough if my employer agrees to provide only accommodation.