Starting a charity in Burkina Faso.

I would love to get your opinions on a couple of things about education in Burkina Faso. It is my understanding that the education system is somewhat tricky – due to lack of schools and resources (particularly in small villages) and little funding from the government. I would like to set up a charity there, which would provide funding to build schools and allow students the money to go there. Before I get started, I would like to know whether providing funding and resources for schools there is something that would be really helpful, and whether there are many charities already operating there. Are there any particular areas of Burkina Faso you consider to be most in need? I would love to hear your views.

Thanks!

excuse me for my english, i'm very better in french.here in burkina faso,villages have many problems;school,water,light,food.for building schools money come some partners of burkina example china or friendship of villages with some cities, school or associations in europe.our government is always waiting for money of theirs partners before helping villages, sometimes the bad using of this money is a big problem.

Merci beaucoup! Yes, I would need the government's advice and help at times, but I would want to make sure the money didn't just go to them. I would make sure to control where the money went, so it really got to those who needed it.

There are three main projects my charity would like to undertake:
- Scholarships directly to families to pay for fees, uniform, textbooks, notebooks etc
- Funding to existing schools to build extra rooms, hire teachers, put in new wells etc
- Hopefully be able to build our own school in an area that really needs it, that would provide excellent education, particularly for girls

i think that if you really want to villages in burkina faso you can come to visit the country first, visit some villages and after you will what to do and to help these people.there are many villages need help.i can if it is possible help you.come to see first,this is my advice. you will loose your money if you stay far

Hi Hopkinsc,
I'm in the process of establishing a charity to help rural communities of Burkina Faso get a clean, fresh sustainable water supply to rural Burkina Faso.

I went to Burkina Faso last year and felt that I needed to do something to address the needs that I saw first hand. WellWater is my attempt to address these needs

Have you been able to further your vision to set up a school. Do you have a web site that we can view your work?

Chair