Ladies..I need your suggestion!

As soon as i shifted here...i noticed many changes on my skin...it became excessively dry day by day due to dryness over here.. inceptionally my skin was normal n i hardly concerned on skin product because i don't need them...but now its too difficult to put makeup on ...its hard for me to use any kind of base although em using primer as well.
Recently i used Moisturizing Surge by Clinique n it works best for my skin..but later on it doesn't plus its too expensive to buy every month.i need ur suggestion..can u tell me the name of good moisturizing cream keeping in consideration Riyadh climate and which is not as expensive as Clinique..!!!
Your suggestion would really be appreciated:)

hmmmm @feha use jergens aloe vera moisturizing body lotion and Nivea moisturizing Cream for face and best soap prefer dove and use Slap head shampoo body shop :top:

oops just trying to help it aint matter helping human beings rather than your only looking for ladies :one

depending on the level of dryness. i am sure u started using cream based moisturizing agents. if this is not useful u may step it up a bit like a cream with glycerol. this is a little heavier than the cream bases and lasts long. if this is not helping u can try rehydration components like 20% urea cream. if ur skin is still dry, then u have to try products with water retaining properties like lanolin. if this is not helpful u can go to more ointment based preperations (mix mineral oil with some vaseline 50/50). if this does not work, see a dermatologist

Hello,
I travel today to Riyadh and I have no idea of the climate, but
I recommend drinking plenty of water, and maybe it is not necessary using any make up until your skin recovers leaving your skin to rest, I am pretty sure you can buy a cheaper moistreauzer with lanolin , also some missing vitamins in your diet can provoke dry skin in my opinion.
would luck
Maria Isabel
all the best

wilson_derry wrote:

hmmmm @feha use jergens aloe vera moisturizing body lotion and Nivea moisturizing Cream for face and best soap prefer dove and use Slap head shampoo body shop :top:

oops just trying to help it aint matter helping human beings rather than your only looking for ladies :one

hehehe well said:P n btw thx for ur help..really appreciated:P

mariaisabeldonoso wrote:

Hello,
I travel today to Riyadh and I have no idea of the climate, but
I recommend drinking plenty of water, and maybe it is not necessary using any make up until your skin recovers leaving your skin to rest, I am pretty sure you can buy a cheaper moistreauzer with lanolin , also some missing vitamins in your diet can provoke dry skin in my opinion.
would luck
Maria Isabel
all the best

Welcome to Riyadh n thx btw:)

imraan007 wrote:

depending on the level of dryness. i am sure u started using cream based moisturizing agents. if this is not useful u may step it up a bit like a cream with glycerol. this is a little heavier than the cream bases and lasts long. if this is not helping u can try rehydration components like 20% urea cream. if ur skin is still dry, then u have to try products with water retaining properties like lanolin. if this is not helpful u can go to more ointment based preperations (mix mineral oil with some vaseline 50/50). if this does not work, see a dermatologist

woww...informative post..thanks a lot:)

@mariaisabeldonoso don't drink much water it will cause you no more hunger :dumbom: try to drink lots of water but in limit, eat fruits it will keep your skin good, this is saudi need fruits, food and limited water for surviving.

don't drink much water it will cause you no more hunger  try to drink lots of water but in limit, eat fruits it will keep your skin good, this is saudi need fruits, food and limited water for surviving.

Can you please elaborate on how much water per day is optimum, and why specifically you have suggested fruits (eg. for salts / fibre / vitamins, etc). Personally, I wouldn't mind sacrificing a bit of my appetite by drinking that extra glass of water :)

@rehabdoc your a doctor so you can prefer one for us, once your inside Saudi Arabia. :cheers:

Gladly. I've received my ticket and I'm all set to fly out there on the 7th of Feb'2012.

@rehabdoc stay tuned, once your here we would glad to know about your experience. c yaa soon :idontagree:

Thanks (But I fear we're deviating from the topic) !!

No Problem the topic will still continue, stay tuned :up:

wilson_derry wrote:

lol...em drinking 2 ltr per day as prescribed by dr n as a general need of human body...plus having fruits n all that and still facing dryness problem:s

rehabdoc wrote:

Gladly. I've received my ticket and I'm all set to fly out there on the 7th of Feb'2012.

We are waiting to Welcoming You:)

I am using  DECLARE Switzerland. Quality is same as clinique and price is half of it. I recommend.:)

OK.. I saw this on Dr. Oz.  Pinch the skin on the back of your hand.  If it doesn't return immediately back, it means you need more water.  Nifty trick! (I hope it's true)

Feha wrote:
wilson_derry wrote:

lol...em drinking 2 ltr per day as prescribed by dr n as a general need of human body...plus having fruits n all that and still facing dryness problem:s

Winter has a lot to do with the increased dryness. Lipidolotion (Urea based) or Marigold ointments will help.

Alliecat wrote:

OK.. I saw this on Dr. Oz.  Pinch the skin on the back of your hand.  If it doesn't return immediately back, it means you need more water.  Nifty trick! (I hope it's true)

It is true, use a similar pinch with horses on their necks, but if you get to the point of needing water so much that your skin elasticity is that slow you will know about it before needing to pinch ... I would hope you would anyway :)

I actually find it's the water that dries my skin more than the heat/sun, just put on some moisturiser after you shower, It doesn't have to be expensive they all pretty much do the same its jst the name you pay for. Aqueous cream is cheap and is good for before and after showers. Plus it is a water based with no harsh chemicals and all that so pretty sure you will find it in Saudi. And any moisturing fondation should keep you good for the day anyway.

A friend puts philadelphia on her face, cant say its cheap or normal, but she seems to think it works ...

I don't imagine myself without water I have to think very hard about your suggestion..possible you don't drink too much water maybe tour drink a lot tea?me personally I don't like tea.many thanks for be there,
Maria Isabel

Alliecat wrote:

It is true especially with dehydration I learn it at my college when dealing with dehydrated kids

Alliecat wrote:

It is true, use a similar pinch with horses on their necks, but if you get to the point of needing water so much that your skin elasticity is that slow you will know about it before needing to pinch ... I would hope you would anyway

It is true especially with dehydration I learn it at my college when dealing with dehydrated kids

Both Imraan and Louise.Welge are absolutely correct -- that is how you assess dehydration, especially in children. However, dehydration is a systemic phenomenon, and skin problems are the least of our worries while treating it ( It will not go away with a moisturiser either). The climate-related skin dryness is a more limited condition, amenable to skin-care products, and not necessarily a manifestation of generalised dehydration :rolleyes::rolleyes:.

thanks doc, i was talking about dehydration as a seperate field from dry skin from the point of view..."when u need water". from the medical aspect i agree with u and not to forget, electrolytes like sodium, fluid input and output, kidney function, aldosterone function, use of diuretics, fever, and so on...these are more related to dehydration, not dry skin...in terms of dry skin i spoke about the levels of creams and its additives above.

imraan007 wrote:

thanks doc, i was talking about dehydration as a seperate field from dry skin

:one

or you could just move down to the east coast to khobar!!!
WHOOP WHOOP EAST SAAAIIIIIDDEEE??!

Louise.Welge wrote:
imraan007 wrote:

thanks doc, i was talking about dehydration as a seperate field from dry skin

:one

Yep, I thought it was obvious this was a discussion in addition to the dry skin issue.

Thxu all for ur suggestions and advice's..really appreciated:)