Moving to Florida!!!

Hi, could anybody help me with some information on moving to Florida.  There seems to be some wonderfully priced villas in Florida, but could I live on my pension or would I need a job?  Could somebody please let me know the average sort of living costs for a family of 3 in Florida.  I have never been to Florida but sick of the rubbish weather and economy in the UK.  Any information would be greatly appreciated from preferably an English ex pat?

i live in miami, it seems to be a little more expensive here. i have friends living in port saint lucie ( 2 hours from orlando, 2 h as well from miami), and naples (1h from miami, 3h from orlando) quiet, nice places. i personally like them more, but i bought a house in miami, and right now is not a good idea to sell. rent is more less $1250 for a 2bd. cable tv $150,comcast, good news, cartoons, movies, music, history, discovery, etc. water is cheap, less $150 per  3 month. power almost $200 per month. car insurance is expensive in miami, high populated area, whereas in tampa, port st. lucie, more countryside like places, where there is less traffic, is cheaper. car insurance in miami is almost $ 200 per car. sales tax 7%. if you are thinking about miami beach, is a little more expensive there, but if you got the money, go for it. great museums nearby, bars, clubs, and the beach...hope it helps. and the weather is better than in england, it rains here quite a bit for my liking, but right now we've got sunshine, great day for the beach.
the economy here is terrible also. but if you are planning to buy real state, it's perfect now.
btw, i'm cuban, british also. planning to move to england as soon as  i can. need some info also. rent, work, taxes, etc. any info will help. thanks in advance. and happy new year!!!!!

Hi, thanks for the information, it all seems a little difficult to comprehend all the information, which makes it hard to committ.  The UK is always cold and miserable, so wouldent recommend it, lol. The average UK house price is £160,000, but that would go up considerably in the London areas. An average 3 bed house would be about £550-650 per month to rent. Plus council tax which various on the property and location £100-300 per month. Petrol and diesel are expensive £1.37p per litre. And the job situation isn't brilliant but depends on your qualifications and experience. Sorry to be negative but I think all countries are going through the same bad economy!  Hope this helps a little.

thanks a lot. any more info you need, just shout.