Christmas Shutdown?

I want to go to the office in Zalaegerszeg tomorrow to apply for a residence card. I have been waiting all month for my Clydesdale Bank statement, which arrived today. The statement is dated 1st December so I don't have much time as they require statements to be not older than 30 days. I was wondering if these government offices just close for bank holidays or do they shut down for the duration between Christmas and New Year?
I've already had one wasted journey to Zalaegerszeg this month. I had bought one of the package deal kitchens from Practiker and wanted to buy an extra wall unit but it seems they don't sell the units individually, only the complete package.

This is a normal work week. But that does not mean any specific office will be open, or if they have normal public hours. Too many variables at play. Recommend calling ahead and inquiring.

Agreed.
If you tell us the name of the office, we can help read the website or make a quick call if the language is a problem.

Thanks for the replies. I did phone first and they  were open so I now have my card. :)