Plan to visit SG in Feb, need help with lodging, activities & foods

Dear friends of Vietnam :)

I plan to travel to Saigon in Feb 2012. I'm a Vietnamese-American, fluent in both English and Vietnamese. Although I was born in SG I don't know much about the city and VN in general. Would love to get together with anyone who's friendly and knows how to get around to show/teach me something like:

- Where to eat (I love Bun Bo Hue, Pho, cha gio,... Thai and Korean foods are also my favorites :)).

- Lodging (is it bett to share a room vs hotel?). I'm on a budget so I'm only looking for 2,3-star hotels of share a room in the $200-$300 usd/month.

- Tours (what tours/companies are good? well organized, good service/food). Besides SG I'd like to visit Hanoi, Hue/HoiAn, Dalat, Nhatrang, Sapa,...

- How to hook up with friends to play sports such as badminton, tennis, volleyball, bowling, swimming,...

Thank you in advace for any tips.
Steven
ps: since I'm fluent in both English and Vietnamese I'd love to exchange some language lessons with anyone who'd provide me with some of the tips :)

Hi SportyViet!

Welcome to Expat.com and thanks for this introduction ;)

Regards
Armand

hi,
I can show you around or give some advices that you need. You can live in the area of backpackers in Pham Ngu Lao with reasonable accommodation price.
For Bun bo, oh, it's my favourite. I'll show you the best shop in Saigon.

Thanks Armand.

Hi Tien, thanks for the offer, love to have a coffee or BBH with you when I'm in SG, pls keep in touch.

Steven
[email protected]