Dobromirka meet up?

I've just been to view a property in Dobromirka this week and liked it but didn't get a

chance to see the village centre. I'd like to come back soon to explore more and view the property again - is there a weekly pub gathering or would anyone be willing to meet with me to show me around? It would be so nice to meet anyone who's taken the leap! I could come down after work on a Friday and stay Friday & Saturday night in 2 weeks if the B&B is open. 26-28th April 2024. Otherwise I've got weekends free in May as well. I am British but work in Bucharest so I'm 3.5 hours' drive away. It's dependent on a friend driving down with me!

@gonegirl

I hope you enjoy your return visit to the village. My partner and I have a house there, we were back for a few days a couple of weeks ago, but it's never a long enough visit!

I've not met many in the village as we are usually quite busy. I understand there used to be meetup of ex-pats on a Friday night in the cafe-bar, although I don't think many were back until after Easter. The cafe has the sign 'coffe' over the entrance, you can see it down the hill from the main street.

@porridgeandprunes

Thank you! Im still hoping to come down in a couple of weeks - is the B&B still open? I can't find it online now.

@gonegirl

I'm afraid I know nothing about a b&b availability. I know there was an Airbnb in the village, but am pretty sure it's not going any longer. I don't know if the conference centre 'Dom Dobromirka' offers anything.

@porridgeandprunes

Thanks! No, I'm pretty sure there is no where to rent! I have booked us into Veliko T but on thr west side so we can just drive out to Dobro easily. Still planning to come down in a week and a half - feel like this is my place :-)