Excited to join expatblog - Any expat around Polski Trambesh/ Tarnovo?

Hello everyone. We have recently purchased house in Veliko Tarnovo province and wondering if there are any expats in Polski Trambesh/ Tarnovo area ? Regards. Mike

hi there, I am Bulgarian and I live in Polski Senovets few kilometars from Polski Trambesh

Steve

There are a lot of ex-pat Brits around the Polski Trambesh area. You will find that many of them will meet in the town on market day (Wednesday) coming from the villages all around.

Dear Sara,

I am a recently retired solicitor and have been to Bulgaria a few years ago. I am now planning to leave London and move to Bulgaria.  Would you recommend it?  Please let me know.

Phil

Only you can know that Phil. You will need to visit again with different glasses on and also read as much as you can. Blogs are a good way to see the country and others' experiences from different perspectives. i would never tell anyone it would be good for them, Bulgaria doesn't suit everyone.

Hi just read your post on the forum, I would suggest you look at area's of interest that apply to you, countryside walks or convenience of larger towns or cities? Coastal retreat or mountain lodge, farmhouse or studio in a complex?
I assume you will be mid 60's and regards living in London no doubt have a pound or two to buy wisely and comfortably, I would advise you to consider the area you will feel happiest around, some villages may not appeal, while you are used to a busy city life, maybe you want to kick back tucked away somewhere sitting listening to the wind whistle through your pine spruce or stood on a bank of a babbling brook fishing for carp?
Consider, your own security, ease of access to shops, medial centers, police station, then I think you you can break your search in to countryside, cultural, cities, or coast? You may want to relocate nearer other ex-pats, not isolation, or near to good access roads to and from airports, as you might welcome a friendly face visiting you?
Either way do not rush your search, go to various areas stay in hotels get a feel for the area, cultures, and absorb all you can, you show your hand too eagerly there will be someone more than happy to assist you!
Need to be a little savvy, just my personal opinion.
Good luck, Steve.

Hi we are thinking of moving out when we retire to village near polski trambesh has anyone had there furniture and household shipped out there if so how long does it take and a rough price please

@Cumbrian currently looking at buying somewhere that area hopefully 😄

@Cumbrian weve bought about an hour from you.

@Jeanettebarns61 hello Jean,

I moved from South West London to Veliko Tarnovo, in August 2020.  I used an English guy, with a long wheelbase panel van and trailer.  He lives around the Veliko Tarnovo area.  He picked up in London on a Tuesday and delivered to me in Veliko Tarnovo on the following Saturday morning.  It cost £2000 at the time, but with higher fuel prices and running costs now, I thinking you'd be looking at some thing like £2750 now, which is still way cheaper than mainstream removal companies such as Pickfords and Bishops, who want a fortune!

There are quite a few people operating transport vans and trucks between the UK and Bulgaria / the Balkans.

Ian

Thank you il keep him in mind can you remember who it was also how are you finding living in bulgaria?

I've given up trying to bring furniture over here from the UK due to o the costs and I've been giving away tons of stuff to family ,friends and charities. There's very little that cannot be bought in Bulgaria and I believe the besides regular car boot sales there's a Facebook group that buys and sells and many large shopping malls for new stuff. I'm in Bulgaria at the moment but will be back here full time by the end of the month but live nowhere near VT

@Jeanettebarns61 yes, I can give you a link to his Facebook.  I thinks I still have his mobile number too.

Absolutely loving Bulgaria. I live in Varna, married to a Bulgarian lady, with two step kids.  Even with the negatives, which aren't so bad, I love it and would never move back to the UK.  Been here three years now.  I absolutely love Varna, such a vibrant and European multicultural city and so easy to get around the city. Enjoying Bulgarian food and I've done a lot of travelling around this wonderful country - right now I'm in Borovets in the Rila Mountains, taking a three day break.

@Jeanettebarns61 you can get in touch with him here...   https://www.facebook.com/kevin.sweet.90