Polícia Federal Home Visit - Naturalization Process

Good Evening...I would like to share some further information concerning the Federal Policia home visit during the Naturalization Process for the convenience of future/current applicants:-

Federal Policia Home Visit:- The submission of the detailed visit report and recommendation to the Ministry of Justice for the applicant's eligibility for naturalization/citizenship makes it mandatory for the applicant and the PF to comply with it. Don't assume that it won't happen and also these visit occurs unnoticed.

Home Visit Period:- After your biometric records and supporting documentation have been reviewed at the regional PF office, home visit will take place within three months or sooner depending on the workload of your regional PF office.

Home Visit Interview:- With the context of your civil life and the information provided during the application, the applicant will have an individual interview with PF agent.

Test of Portuguese Fluency:- You will be told to write a paragraph in Portuguese on a randam topic. Please practice writing Portuguese, focusing to both sentence arrangement and syntax.

Interview Tips:- Read the new immigration laws of 2017 so that you won't be compelled to do something irrelevant. Speak Portuguese with PF agents as efficiently as feasible in a firm tone and without concerning much about committing errors.

Good Luck to every applicant!270c.svg1f91b.svg1f91c.svg

@Nomad Mundo goodday thanks for all your input in this forum ,i have a question ,i apllied for  brazilian naturalization, and after 6 months i was called for biometric and suprisingly a few weeks after my biometrics and two policia federal agents showed at my house and they asked few questions about me regarding my naturalization process ad after jotting it down they thanked me and left

its over one month since they visited and my process on the naturalize-se platform is still at analise-pf , my question is after the policia federal visited you ,how long did it take before it changed to analise-mjsp

@jeff ob..Good evening Jeff.... Since PF must send a visit report to MJSP along with your application, it is a routine process, therefore there is no need to worry. The entire process must be completed within 180 days in accordance with the law. As a consequence, I would advise you to e-mail the regional PF office where you submitted your application to inquire as to the reasoning for the delay.

@Nomad Mundo thank you for the prompt response mine process is already past 180days,i will send them an email

but how many months did your whole process take for approval

@jeff ob... For me, it took roughly six months.... Please pay close attention and raise inquiries, as PF doesn't mind processing delays that last an eternity.1f60e.svg

@Nomad Mundo

I need some advice please. So I got my Permanent Residency in 2021. I moved back to the UK at the beginning of this year. I got my Celpe Bras certificate with ”avançado” this year also. I was thinking of going back to Brazil next summer and staying for 1 year plus and applying for citizenship. I have all the documentation and everything but if I go back do I have to physically live with my husband or can I live in my own apartment. I didn't know that home visits were a thing until now. Can you go through what the process would be like please? Thank you in advance

Home visits for citizenship applications are compulsory and If you got your residency based on marriage, then once the Policia federal agents arrive, you should be cohabitating with your husband which should be proven through your neighbors or the zelador of your condominium. So living alone on your own wouldn't work

12/25/23 @Random Person.  I'm afraid that @stevewaugh786 has it right:  if the relationship with a Brazilian that served as the basis for your residency has ended, your chances of having your naturalization request accepted, or even of being able to renew your CRNM if it expires during your stay, are probably less than 50%.

If you decide to try, it would be a good idea to already have a lawyer lined up to help you, just in case things go wrong.