Moving, Work, Visa: Filipina Yoga Teacher

I (f30) had been in a long distance rship with my partner (m30) for a little over a year. My partner had just spent last April here in PH to celebrate our anniversary and meet my family. I'm in the process of applying for my visit visa in hopes of visiting him this Aug, to celebrate his bday and meet his family. We are now looking into what needs to be done for us to start living together, and for the obvious reason that we can save up more in €, we consider that I move in with him next year.

Little occupation backgrounder; we both are earning and living decently as single adults in our own country's standards; I'm a middle class freelance yoga teacher growing my own brand and network, and he's a middle class forklift driver working at the same company for a decade.

My questions;

- would there be job opportunities around Köln/Düsseldorf/Frankfurt for a Filipina Yoga Teacher (I feel like my being asian/Filipina will make it hard for me to get clients/a job offer)

- will I even be able to get a work visa approved if it's not an in-demand skilled job

- I have an internationally accredited yoga teacher certificate, will this be enough

- a placement test tells me I'm at A2, do I need a Goethe certificate, and if so, what level is usually tested for work visa/foreign job applicants

- I also have a Bachelor's degree but in Music😅 will this help in any way

I know an easier option is to get married and apply for a spouse visa, but I would want to try my best first to go about this without the need to get married right away.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and respond to this🙏🏼

I can certainly understand yourwish to live with him and "test" the relationship first, before giving the committment of a marriage.

Unfortunately, visa and other regulations do NOT make this easy:

- would there be job opportunities around Köln/Düsseldorf/Frankfurt for a Filipina Yoga Teacher (I feel like my being asian/Filipina will make it hard for me to get clients/a job offer)

There certainly are opportunities, but you need to be near fluent (C1 or higher) in German to deal with customers and give clear instructions as a teacher. In addition, most Yoga teachers are freelancers (self-employed) and there is no visa type for that.

- will I even be able to apply for a work visa if it's not an in-demand skilled job

Only if you find an employer willing to hire you full-time AND can convince the authorities that they cannot find a suitable candidate among EU citizens. This is very unlikely!

- I also have a Bachelor's degree but in Music😅 will this help in any way

Again, only if you find a full-time job and there are no suitable EU citizens. I guess this would work for internationally acclaimed musicians joining a professional orchestra here. Are you one?

@beppi These inputs are much appreciated! Thank you~