Thinking of retiring to Costa Rica

Hi All,

My name is Millie and my husband and I are thinking of moving to Costa Rica. We are planning to travel there soon to scout places to live. We are interested in renting for now. Any advice on where the safest urban locations to look at?

Best,

Millie

The more south, the more rural. The further from SJ, the safer. All depends on what you want. Living with ticos or with gringos.

Moderated by Bhavna 11 months ago
Reason : Promoting your own services is not allowed on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello everyone,

@ Millie, welcome on board !

Do you have any preference ? Maybe you could provide some more details on the type of region/neighbourhood you are looking for ?

You may also read the Living in Costa Rica guide for expats for first-hand infos.

All the best

Bhavna

@miligo63,Why even consider Costa Rica if you are coming for urban living ? Crowed,congested,smelly and not even safe !

If you want safe, warm urban living I would suggest looking at Merida Mexico. I have been to Liberia, San Jose and La Fortuna and they all seemed dirty and unsafe.

If you want safe, warm urban living I would suggest looking at Merida Mexico. I have been to Liberia, San Jose and La Fortuna and they all seemed dirty and unsafe.
-@Blackwatch

Mexico? Did the Cartels leave?

I used to love going to Mexico until it became too unsafe.

@miligo63 - Love to help you! We've built a survey that can help you refine what is really important to you (vs. what seems like fun). Feel free to send me an email and let's connect! ***

Excited to have you join us in Costa Rica!

Moderated by Bhavna 11 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@pjPuraVida

Good morning,

All help welcome,

Thanks

Ken