New construction without water access

Good afternoon,

I recall have read about a community along the north coast where they are building homes, but the homes have no water. I looked through the old posts but could not find anything. Does anyone know this community?

In the Facebook group called "Everything Cabarete Dominican Republic", in a post dated 11 April 2023, a lady posted about that.  Perla Marina is the location you're asking about.  There was a meeting in Puerto Plata on 4 April 2023 which confirmed.  Other respondents in the post says water is trucked in or they collect themselves in rain barrels.

If you're in that Facebook group, you can do a search in the group for "no water" and it should pull it up.

@SandyS_retired thanks. Is their a committee, Home owner association group that has details on the whole scope of the problem?

I don't know, but I would assume so as most have a HOA.  The lady stated "a meeting with Coraapplata in Purto Plata...", but it looked like it could be a misspelling.  Puerto is spelled wrong to start with so 'Coraapplata' could also be misspelled.  If you're on Facebook, look for that group and the post, then message the author of the post?  She would probably be your best source.

I do not live in Perla Marina so, I do not have any inside information.  I'm only in those groups to collect useful information in the area.