Malaysia Student VISA rejection and appeals

Hi, My friend's visa got rejected by immigration about half a month ago. My friend and I applied the same way, and everything was the same. There was no medical problem either. We did a pre-medical check-up. However, my visa was approved by EMGS and Immigration. But my friend's visa got rejected for no reason. And the reason is "integration between immigration and EMGS," said our university (Curtin Malaysia in Sarawak). Now the university has appealed against the decision, and it is in progress at 50%. But up to this date, there has been no update regarding it. My friend asked several officers at the university, and she emailed EMGS regarding this matter. They all told her the application is still in progress, and they can not give her an exact timeline for any progress as it is an appeal. Hence, we can not do anything but to wait. could someone please help me regarding this? are there any email address we can contact the immigration regarding this? Immigration needs to update it to proceed. please I kindly ask someone's assistance for this