Planning on moving to CM

Hi all,
First, I would like to say that this is one of the best forum and especially on Thailand, CM.
I've been reading here for a few weeks now.
We have lots of questions. I hope it's ok.

My wife and myself, as well as both of our daugthers are going to live in CM for 2 yrs or so and we would like to know some of the basics...

Our older daugther is 3.5 yrs old, doesn't speak English. What would be the best start for her? Should we start kindergarden right on start? Should we wait? At home, we homeschool, but I don't think that we should continue with it as we will need company for her (we don't know anyone in CM).

Are there play groups for this age, that meet on regular basis?

Can u recommend some good, alternative, mixed (TH / EN) kindergardens, in which the mother can stay with the child for at least few weeks or more? We want our child not to feel stranger as much as we can.

We are searching for a place to live. Of course, we will have to come to CM and see for ourselves, but we want to minimize our stay in a hotel. Can u recommend a district? We want a small private house, in a quiet place, not too far from the muang (~10km). Does a gaurded neighborhood is need? we don't want one (we read that some expats live in such places). We prefer a mixed (Thai as well as foreigners). If we can have a playground around, it would be great as well as some good food stalls :)

Can u give us some general advises?

Well, that's it for now. I hope you will be able to help us.
Thanks,
Guy.

Hi and welcome to Expat.com Guy ;)

I hope members of the forum will help you soon!

Regards
Armand

There are  lots of kindergarden for your kids around Nimmanhemin road,CMIS (chiangmai international school for English class. You can find a nice house ranging from 8000-30000 THB /month. Chiangmai is a hub of forieners where you can find and talk to them as you want.