Living in Chiangmai 2years have questions

Hi, my name is Michael Clarke, been here for 2 years now, long story, but have a few questions and solutions.
-Any body know of the 'yellow card' seems to be a Thai health service entitlement for retired foreigners, basic hospital services. Anybody hear of or know anything?
-A Thia drivers license, where and how? anybody got one and whay was your experience?
-Retirement visa, have a solution for getting an ongoing renewable retirement visa, anybody looking please contact me and I will explain.
-I offer private English lessons at all levels especially academic level for university entry, know of anyone? would be grateful if you pass on the contact.

Anyway living and working here in ChiangMai is a good life, smoggy in the city but fresh air just outside, food is good, people are lovely and the cost of living is low, I can generally manage on 5000bht per month! but I don't smoke or drink! Eat Thai foods except at weekends then I have western food!

looking forward to meeting some of you expats,
regards,
Michael

Hello Michael Clarke.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

The other threads on the Chiang Mai forum can help. You can go through them.

Concerning the English lessons, you should post an advert in the Classes section (Language classes) in the Chiang Mai classifieds. It shall help as well.

Thank you,
Aurélie

I send the answers to your email.

Hello Living in Chiang Mai, maybe you can share some informations on the forum. It may help other members too. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thanks Aurélie,

-Any body know of the 'yellow card' seems to be a Thai health service entitlement for retired foreigners, basic hospital services. Anybody hear of or know anything?

Thai Permanent Resident or Yellow Card, you can get it after you live here for 5 years. You can get benefit like, having  your name in Tabian Baan (Housre registration, Buying Condo without transferring money from abroad, being the director of Thai company. Practically, it makes you easier when you go to renew visa and get driving license.

-A Thia drivers license, where and how? anybody got one and whay was your experience?
-Retirement visa, have a solution for getting an ongoing renewable retirement visa, anybody looking please contact me and I will explain.

At Transportation Division in Hang Dong Road, near Big C. You have to get the visa or submit the form at the immigration first. As you are British, the test will be easy for you due to we drive in the same lane.

-I offer private English lessons at all levels especially academic level for university entry, know of anyone? would be grateful if you pass on the contact.

Chiang Mai Friends encourage our members (Farang & Thai) to be the buddy to exchange language. You can announce your available and interest in the coming meetin

Aurélie wrote:

Hello Living in Chiang Mai, maybe you can share some informations on the forum. It may help other members too. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Your such a kind helpful person :)