Salary - Compounds and Where to go etc etc

Hi,

My names Tony and I'm about to move to Riyahd and work for a retail company... I've been offered a contract for 16,000 per month but with no extras...
I have no qualifications and am only coming out on my experience... So what I want to know is.

A) is this a good salary for what I can do. and what would my expenses look Like for a comfortable life...
B) I am a single Guy and so I want to find a compound with some good sports facilities, bit of life and a community where I'll make frineds..  close to the City centre if possible too- any suggestions ? 
also what would I look to pay for a one bedroom - or is it a good idea to look to try and share??

C) What are the options for finding something to do - I like to do fitness stuff and play football - golf etc,, is this a realistic thing I could do and what about making frineds and stuff.

Also anything else as in 'HOT TIPS' would be good and a starting point as to what I should do is welcomed.

Hopefully it'll be a good experaince for me.

Thanks

Tony

If you are a single male I would not be too fussed about living on a compound as they are serious money. I recently moved onto one as my wife and children have come here too and a two bed apartment is costing me SR140k a year. You would get somewhere outside a compound for a fraction of that.
Even if your employer is not paying for accommodation, it may be worth asking them to help arrange something as they may have contacts.
Look forward to the adventure, it will be good.

hi

Did you try Fal Compound. It's very nice one. It's located near the airport and the PNU.

Hi,

Thanks for the information guys,,, I knwo that I can get accomodate outside the compounds but I am worried i ma not find a social life if I stay outside one..

Anymore info would be great.