How can we move back to the U.S ?

Hi All,

I'm Mamy, a single Dad with 2 kids in France with french citizenship. I'm a retired computer engineer, mental coach tennis specialized and almost graduated as a pâtissier. I'd like to move back to the US someday ASAP. My 10yrs son, born in LV Nevada is always asking when we can move back and live in the US, so is my 13yrs daughter who wants to be a professional tennis player. I think the time has come for 3 of us to prepare and achieve this common goal and I'm wondering how can we achieve that goal ?

I'll really appreciate to hear about from you

Best regards

Mamy Rakotomalala

Hello Mamy,

Welcome on board !

I have created a new thread from your post on the USA forum so that members can guide you.

Feel free to read the articles of the Living in the USA guide for expats to gather as much information possible.

All the very best

Bhavna

@Bhavna Thank you.

@MaxFrisco Moving back to the United States can be an exciting and challenging experience, but it requires careful planning and preparation. The first step is to obtain a visa or residency status, depending on your situation. You'll need to research the different options available and determine which one is best suited to your needs. Once you have your visa or residency status in place, you can begin to plan your move. This may involve finding a job or setting up a business, securing housing, and arranging transportation. It's also important to consider factors such as healthcare, education, and cultural differences. With some time and effort, you can successfully make the transition back to the United States and start a new chapter in your life.

Hi All,
I'm Mamy, a single Dad with 2 kids in France with french citizenship. I'm a retired computer engineer, mental coach tennis specialized and almost graduated as a pâtissier. I'd like to move back to the US someday ASAP. My 10yrs son, born in LV Nevada is always asking when we can move back and live in the US, so is my 13yrs daughter who wants to be a professional tennis player. I think the time has come for 3 of us to prepare and achieve this common goal and I'm wondering how can we achieve that goal ?
I'll really appreciate to hear about from you
Best regards
Mamy Rakotomalala
-@MaxFrisco

@MaxFrisco, I would recommend getting in touch with an immigration attorney.  Since your son is a US citizen, you may have an extenuating circumstance that would allow you to move back.  As a retired person, it may be easier to move on a retirement visa but you will need to provide evidence of financial responsibility.  Immigration laws are tricky and you don't want to make a mistake in your application.

Good luck.