Deposit account in foreign currency in Thailand

Hi Everyone,

Nice to be here.

I would appreciate to get some advice on the following banking question.

I am living here for almost 18 months. Like many here, I need to have 24 000 euros on a Bangkok Bank account in order to get my visa. Thus I have a Foreign currency account (said a saving account, but no interest).

It is a pity to keep this money sleeping on an account.

i a trying to open a fixed deposit account with interests... It appears so complicated.

May you share your experience on this, if any?

thank in advance.

Kind regards

Hi Everyone,
Nice to be here.
I would appreciate to get some advice on the following banking question.
I am living here for almost 18 months. Like many here, I need to have 24 000 euros on a Bangkok Bank account in order to get my visa. Thus I have a Foreign currency account (said a saving account, but no interest).
It is a pity to keep this money sleeping on an account.
i a trying to open a fixed deposit account with interests... It appears so complicated.
May you share your experience on this, if any?
thank in advance.
Kind regards
-@bratstvo

It's not more complicated to open an FDA than to open a FCA. Just open the account at your BKK Bank branch and deposit at least 800k (for immigration). You can not withdraw any money from an FDA during the chosen fixed period, for example 12 months,because if you do,the interest rate will become same as in a savings account. After 12 months you can, if you want, move the interest to a savings account. One strange thing with an FDA account in Thailand is the fact that a longer fixed term won't automatically mean a higher interest rate. A year ago, maybe even today, I haven't checked, a 7 months term offered a higher interest rate than a 12 months. Go figure.