Is 45 days still in effect without tourst visa

I'm planning to visit this Summer but no visa as I'll just be there for about a month and a half, let's say 44 days. 

My understanding is I need no visa to tour as an American lving in USA but wish to see if you guys have heard of anything.  You know how sometimes government websites are not updated.

The 45 days 'Visa Exempt' approvals are scheduled to cease on 31st March 2023.  There is Govt 'talk' and Media speculation to extend this for a further 3 months, and they are even talking about making it permanent. So if you arrive on/before 31st March then YES. But officially today (13 March) it ends on 31st March.  What will definitely remain is the ability to extend the 'standard' 30 days 'Visa Exempt'  for another 30 days if you wish to do so before the 30 days expire (1900 Baht at a local Immigration Office).  IMO they will extend the 45 days for anothger 3 months - but I have been wrong before.

The 45 days 'Visa Exempt' approvals are scheduled to cease on 31st March 2023. There is Govt 'talk' and Media speculation to extend this for a further 3 months, and they are even talking about making it permanent. So if you arrive on/before 31st March then YES. But officially today (13 March) it ends on 31st March. What will definitely remain is the ability to extend the 'standard' 30 days 'Visa Exempt' for another 30 days if you wish to do so before the 30 days expire (1900 Baht at a local Immigration Office). IMO they will extend the 45 days for anothger 3 months - but I have been wrong before.
-@AussieBob99

The last official word about the 45 days visa exempt is discussions about extending it until the end of the year. This has been reported in several newspapers lately.

@Leeds forever! Hi ..."The last official word about the 45 days visa exempt" ..did you get this info from an official goverment source because it would be a good info for people like me that would not have to rush before march 31...but will if nothing changes until that date.

Cheers

@Leeds forever! Hi ..."The last official word about the 45 days visa exempt" ..did you get this info from an official goverment source because it would be a good info for people like me that would not have to rush before march 31...but will if nothing changes until that date.
Cheers
-@North24

I said there are ongoing discussions about extending the 45 days visa exempt until the end of the year by authorities, and it has been reported in thai newspapers. You must wait and see. This is Thailand, you never know what they will decide. I am quite sure they will extend it.

Ok yes it would be nice if they do no more frustration about visa and immigration until I get my "O" non immigrant visa.

Ok yes it would be nice if they do no more frustration about visa and immigration until I get my "O" non immigrant visa.
-@North24

What difference is a 30 or 45 days visa exempt? Even if it still were 30 days you can extend it another 30 days at any immigration office for ฿1,900.

@Leeds forever! difference is 45 days more than 30 and even 30 days extension with 45 days your stay is 75 days not 60 well 15 days difference not bad I take it and the price is the same for the extension I did it last year. 

have a good evening

VOA E-visa can Indians can stay upto 30 days?

VOA E-visa can Indians can stay up to 30 days?
-@Six Threads

Yes, until the end of March. I don't know if immigration will extend it.

@Leeds forever! Of course it's the difference. The difference is 1,900 baht, But worse than that, is being on vacation in Thailand, and having to go to immigration. F****** immigration. It's not the money. It's dealing with immigration on a vacation.

@Leeds forever! Of course it's the difference. The difference is 1,900 baht, But worse than that, is being on vacation in Thailand, and having to go to immigration. F****** immigration. It's not the money. It's dealing with immigration on a vacation.
-@JacktheLawyer

You missed the point. It wasn't the 1,900 baht, it was the extra 15 days he was after when/if extending the stay.45+30 instead of 30+30. FYI, applying for an extension isn't hard work at all if you know what you're doing. It doesn't take long unless you're in BKK. My annual extensions takes less than 5 min every year. The most common mistakes rookies do when applying for an extension are missing a copy and visiting immigration early on a Monday or Tuesday, and then they're complaining about immigration, like you do. If you're a lawyer, then I'm Mickey Mouse. I haven't seen one useful comment from you here at expat.com since you showed up.

@Leeds forever! Thanks to you Leeds..for confirming this point. I did it myself and the reason I had to go twice is because i forgot a document. But it went fast for a first time 30 mn...was happy about their reactivity.

@North24 ***

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Solicitation + promoting own services
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Well it is easy for Leeds forever to scoff at a newbie trying to extend a visa. This Leeds is renewing a year visa.

Lawyer is not.

Let's take a simple point. I waited in line until 11:30 and then they closed for lunch. There maybe a notice on the door but that is not evident, or clear.

When I went through the first office I took my papers to the desk doing their extensions. They just vaguely waved me away to somewhere else. Where was not clear despite me asking politely asking where. Give a Thai a uniform and he becomes a dictator. Similar to Leeds arrogance in replying to Lawyers post, plus adding an insult.

Immigration in Thailand is a disgrace and Leeds pompous defence of it just because he know the ropes does not excuse Thai immigration. Leeds forever should be reminded he is not to scoff at an immigration application because he has done it many times and thinks he know everything. Leeds forever! Don't be ridiculous.

Well it is easy for Leeds forever to scoff at a newbie trying to extend a visa. This Leeds is renewing a year visa.

Lawyer is not.

Let's take a simple point. I waited in line until 11:30 and then they closed for lunch. There maybe a notice on the door but that is not evident, or clear.

When I went through the first office I took my papers to the desk doing their extensions. They just vaguely waved me away to somewhere else. Where was not clear despite me asking politely asking where. Give a Thai a uniform and he becomes a dictator. Similar to Leeds arrogance in replying to Lawyers post, plus adding an insult.

Immigration in Thailand is a disgrace and Leeds pompous defence of it just because he know the ropes does not excuse Thai immigration. Leeds forever should be reminded he is not to scoff at an immigration application because he has done it many times and thinks he know everything. Leeds forever! Don't be ridiculous.

@JacktheLawyer You are quite right dealing with Thai immigration is a nightmare!

Which is why they want applicants to use agents from who they receive an nice commission

Lawyer is not.
-@crownoflondon

You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer,are you? Do you think that every expat in Thailand is staying in BKK and that every immigration office is the same? They're not. Then you're complaining about immigration closing for lunch which every immigration office do. My office also closes 11:30 for lunch. How do I know that? Because the sign on the door says so. And,yes, I do know almost everything you need to know about immigration issues because I've been here many years, and I've been living in three provinces and visited many others over the years. 90% of every foreigner having problem with an application at any immigration office,have missed something,a copy of this or that or maybe misunderstood a requirement. Is that immigrations fault? Many immigration offices have checklists where you can see everything you need for most applications. And,this so called "lawyer" you're talking about,he isn't more of a lawyer than you or me. He has a visa agency, or maybe he just works there. He is not here to help, he's here to make easy money. If you meet the requirements for an application,you never ever need a visa agency. If you don't meet for example,the financial requirements,then you might need a visa agency. But that's another story. I know loads of people using visa agencies every year because they don't have enough money.

So it's already April and I still see 45 days of no visa requirement. 

So it's already April and I still see 45 days of no visa requirement.
-@Bigrad Wolf

Immigration hasn't officially extended the 45 days visa exempt after March 31. There's nothing about it in any newspaper.

Hi everyone i would like to know how to immigrate in Thailand,

Hi everyone i would like to know how to immigrate in Thailand,
-@ethanlucas576

This is the wrong topic for you. It's about the 45 days visa exempt.

Why don't you read already posted topics about this? It's been discussed many times and start from scratch again is just a waste of time.Check topics with names that suggests they're about moving to Thailand/retirement etc etc and start reading. How to immigrate also depends on where you're from.

You can also click on Menu up to the left,then Discover, then finally The Thailand Guide.

Now it's decided.

This is from Pattaya Mail April 3:

"Notwithstanding intense lobbying by the Tourist Authority of Thailand, citizens of the 60 or so visa-exempt countries will no longer receive 45 days on entry. Tourists from mainland Europe, the UK, the US, Australia, Saudi Arabia etc will receive from April 1 only 30 days if they choose to arrive without a prior visa. However, they will be able to extend for a further 30 days just once at Thai immigration."

Read the full article here:

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/ … ngs-428264

@Leeds forever! Man, thank you this is excellent, thanks for providing this news ahead of where I've found answers elsewhere.

Yup thanks LF though I was hoping 45 days would stick for awhile longer.   Also, what is "60 or so" age have to do with exemption when everyone of any age can visit  without visa for said days as long as they are citizens from selected countries?

Yup thanks LF though I was hoping 45 days would stick for awhile longer.  Also, what is "60 or so" age have to do with exemption when everyone of any age can visit without visa for said days as long as they are citizens from selected countries?
-@Bigrad Wolf

It's citizens of the 60 or so visa-exempt countries, it's not about age. 1f600.svg

It's citizens of the 60 or so visa-exempt countries, it's not about age.
1f600.svg
-@Leeds forever!

Hahaha I stand clarified then.

Until the end of this year. Please check the following link -

https://www.handyvisas.com/news/thailan … d-of-2023/

Until the end of this year. Please check the following link -
https://www.handyvisas.com/news/thailan … d-of-2023/
-@petermok

Not correct. It's already back to 30 days since April 1. See my link in a previous post.

The article in your link was written in January:

"Foreign visitors "may be able" to enjoy visa-free trips to Thailand for up to 45 days until the end of the year.