NEW PROCEDURE FOR ROMANIAN VISA

Hi, my name is Dream.

I've been in long term relationship with my Romanian partner now, he came here in Dubai since I am residing here in Dubai, and we both go to the Romanian Embassy here in Dubai. We requested for an invitation letter and it was granted and notarized by the consulate last year, he left on January just this year.

We made plans already last month, he'll come back  between April or March and get married here in Dubai or in Philippines. But in Philippines it'll take time and we both, can't stay long enough being separated. Once we get married here or either in Philippines, I'll apply for reunification visa.

Now, the Romanian embassy sent an email to me and stated that to please submit the required documents for the visit visa (C/VV) I am applying for. And just yesterday I submit all the documents. And awaiting for validation.

Is it true, that if I go to Romania with a visit visa and get married there then apply for reunification visa, is it true that I have to left Romania and from my origin I have to apply residency permit then come back to Romania once I'll have it?

I am confused, my fiancé will still come and we get married here whether my application will be accepted and will have ONLY visit visa going Romania.

Yes, you must apply for the D/VF Family Reintegration visa from your home country or country of residence after the marriage is registered. You cannot apply for a long-term visa while in Romania. This has been the procedure for several years now. The VISIT visa, is precisely that, for visiting.....then you must leave. This is not a new procedure, it's been in place since 2016 I believe.

Once you are issued a D/VF visa, you can return to Romania, then you may apply for the residence permit with your new spouse.

Romaniac

@romaniac

Hi there,

I am planning to go to Romania with travel visa then getting married to my boyfriend and apply for the long stay visa while I stay there within 90days.

As you mentioned that I have to go to Romania with travel visa and getting married then come back to my country and apply for family reunification visa?

Do I understand right?

@romaniac
Hi there,

I am planning to go to Romania with travel visa then getting married to my boyfriend and apply for the long stay visa while I stay there within 90days.
As you mentioned that I have to go to Romania with travel visa and getting married then come back to my country and apply for family reunification visa?

Do I understand right?
-@Clara-HS

Yes.  You cannot apply for a long-term visa while in Romania already.  It must be applied for from the consulate in your country of citizenship/residence.

@romaniac I'm a Romanian born, US citizen. I lost my Romanian citizenship (unwillingly) when I left Romania. Now I'm putting together all documents to file to regain my citizenship in the next couple of days (Articolul 10) and getting married with my Romanian girlfriend in April. But, if I go now to Romania, while my citizenship request is being processed and get married in Romania, will I still have to leave Romania after 90 days? I might also get my request approved during my stay there, but, is there an way to avoid having to leave Romania after 90 days?

Oh, and one other question; I've read the law regarding staying and leaving and then returning again to Romania and from my understanding the law says that after a 90 day stay, you have to leave, and here's the question, you can return after 90 days? Last year, the enforcement officers at the airport were confused themselves with how soon I can return. 4 different officers were telling me 2 or 3 different dates. To me, the way the law is written, it says that you can stay 90 days in, leave for 90 days and then you can return for another 90 day stay. Some of border officers said that you must leave Romania for 180 days after a 90-day stay. Thanks

@romaniac I'm a Romanian born, US citizen. I lost my Romanian citizenship (unwillingly) when I left Romania. Now I'm putting together all documents to file to regain my citizenship in the next couple of days (Articolul 10) and getting married with my Romanian girlfriend in April. But, if I go now to Romania, while my citizenship request is being processed and get married in Romania, will I still have to leave Romania after 90 days? I might also get my request approved during my stay there, but, is there an way to avoid having to leave Romania after 90 days?
Oh, and one other question; I've read the law regarding staying and leaving and then returning again to Romania and from my understanding the law says that after a 90 day stay, you have to leave, and here's the question, you can return after 90 days? Last year, the enforcement officers at the airport were confused themselves with how soon I can return. 4 different officers were telling me 2 or 3 different dates. To me, the way the law is written, it says that you can stay 90 days in, leave for 90 days and then you can return for another 90 day stay. Some of border officers said that you must leave Romania for 180 days after a 90-day stay. Thanks
-@Dan39

As to the 1st paragraph questions.  Probably best to call and ask immigration police in Romania or at the Romanian embassy in Chicago or DC for a definitive answer, as it's not a usual case.

For the 2nd part, the rule is you can stay 90 days within a 180 period, which is rolling.  There are calculators online that will tell you when you can return (https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/visa-calculator/).  The official that said you must be out for 180 days after the 90 day stay didn't understand the law, which is disappointing.

Romaniac

@romaniac Right, that's what I was 'carefully' trying to tell them.

Thanks for conforming my understanding about the 90 days in / 90 days out law. My total dismay was that there were a total of 4 officers that misunderstood the law, two window officials and two higher-ups.

So disappointing already.

Thank you again!

Hi I  am a Filipino married to a Romanian now a widow, I applied for short term visit visa c/vv to visit my Romanian Citizen daughter who lives in Cluj. I applied my visa last Aug 8, 2023 visa E-visa portal with a booked flight last Aug 27, 2023 and until now my visa application is still "for validation" tried several

times calling and emailing the Romanian Embassy in Manila but no one answered. I rebooked my flight for Sept 14,2023 so i can have the memorial service for my late husband  in his home town with my daughter on Sept 16 his death anniversary and 67th bday. Please i need help what to do to have my visa before my flight.