Essential living costs in Muscat - Oman

Hi everyone,

I went through the forum but could not see a thread on the basic living costs in Muscat - Oman, sorry if it was there in case I missed it.

In your opinion what are the costs of the following (this may vary from one to another of course hence it would be great to read different opinions):

• Average rent of a house for a couple with 2 or 3 kids in Muscat:
  • Average annual fee for international school per child (assume age is less than 15 years):
  • Average bills (electricity, gas, water... may vastly vary):
  • General cost of living comments if possible:

Will highly appreciate your input to these points.

S

Hi,

Let me help you a little bit

If you want to live in Al Mouj (Luxury apartments for mostly expat living) between 500-900 omr for 2 bedroomsif you want 3 beds and they are rare between 900-1500 omr

outside of Al mouj it is 300-400 omr you can find easily, Muscat Hill could be another option if it is important for you to be close to the schools, but you cant find there the environment like al mouj (marina, security, restaurants)

I know only kindergarden so yearly fee like 3000-3500 omr.

Monthly utility expenses max 80-90 omr

@umutardic Thank you for the prompt response. Goodness it seems schools there are super expensive!

@e2sal

Hi,

Some information

Average hous rental for 2bhk to villa ranges from omr 250 to 600. Depends a lot on location

Electricity and water bills are high now. Omr 50 and omr 30 respectively. Again depends on usage

M

@KATIYER Good to see an overall consistency. Thanks you for the details.