How To Emigrate To China?

I've been researching how to live in China now that my Chinese wife and I divorced in Australia in 2018. China has always been my favorite country and I lived in China for a long time. I am a business man. I'm not looking for work in China. I have many friends in China and very close extended family. My god daughter works for the Chinese government as a District Manager of Sanming City in Fujian Province. These connections allow me a long term family and friends visa but I'm not able to live and settle in China and become nationalised. China is my most favorite country and I'm loyal to the Chinese government, China's Sovereignty, and her military. As Australia is collapsing on so many levels, especially with a lack of affordable housing and homelessness, I've even sent emails to the Chinese government and military, and the UNHCR in Beijing, asking for help to be able to emigrate to China. I don't like living in Australia and the West.

David Harrison

Redwire Stores

Hi David

I noticed your post and I cannot help but sympathise with your situation.

It seems clear to me that you are having a tough time in AU at the moment - it may help to know that it is not uncommon to feel like you do when you return to your home country after many years in another country.

Check out this website which summarises this phenomenon quite well.

I hope it helps. If I were you, and you have nothing holding you back in AU, I would head back to China :)

Get yourself an English teaching job and see if you can make another life for yourself there.

Good luck and above all, enjoy! :)

Cheers

Rob

English teaching in China? Really, how did you make a good experience with that?

@robxwalker I've tried English teaching in Tangshan Hebei, but I didn't enjoy it and I couldn't get my head around it. My daughter is a District Manager for Sanming City in Fujian. I can stay with her for long periods and I can't nationalise and stay forever. I also can't legally work. I'm looking at other options with business. If I could invest that required 2 million dollars into China then I would move to China but I'm not rich. Checking my lottery ticket tonight. I'm currently building a house in the Philippines so I can leave Australia and its massive housing and homelessness crisis.

Hi David, that's an interesting post.It's a tough situation that you're in.I've been living in Yiwu, China for 10 years.I do import/export business without owning a registered company(using export companies).I've seen that Asian countries and Australia have a free trade agreement.I recommend you moving to Yiwu, Guangzhou or Shenzhen to start your business.These three cities have the biggest wholesale market in the world.There are quite a big business opportunities.Good luck.

@za_za_23 Thank you so much for your reply. So if I was to represent myself with Chinese import/export companies as an agent, I can stay in China? How would I go about this and finding contracts? Are you using Tradekey Messenger?

David Harrison

Hi David,

To start to register a trading company in China is quite simple,  no need 2 millions dollars at all,  Just as small as ten thousand is ok!  Then you will have a work permit as a representative of the company.  This is not emigration, BUT you can stay in China as long as you will.

Wow! That's excellent!

Thank you very much.

David Harrison

@franklinyang

Thank you very much. Would I need to be in China to register a business there? I don't need to register with a Chinese business partner? I can register independantly?

David Harrison

@franklinyang

Hi there! Lovely information!

I am a Magazine Publisher and am looking to may start something there.

Thanks!

@franklinyang

lovely information! Thanks! I am a magazine publisher thinking to get start in China 😊

@David Harrison9 I don't think you can become a citizen of China. If you want to be closer to the Chinese you should become a member of the communist party in whatever country you are in. Perhaps when you go to China they will give you special consideration but it's not going to happen over night. Then when you get to China you can contact your local communist party rep and tell him you are a member of the communist party in whatever country you joined in and that you are interested in joining the communist party of China. I enquired about this one time years ago when I was living in Shandong province. The Chinese I talked to didn't think it was possible for a foreigner to join but they told me about the process. You simply write a page of why you want to join and give it the local rep. Then you will be investigated for a year, then they will make a decision. I believe you have to give them half of your first year's (as a member of the CCP) income. This was info I received in 2005 it may be antiquated. If a Chinese wants to get ahead in China they become a member of the party. Good luck comrade!