Effective school to learn German

hello,

can someone advise me as to what would be a good school for learning German in St. Gallen?

Thank you

Hi thars!

I hope that other members will advise you soon.

Harmonie.

Try out Migrosklub Schule.. It is located in the train stration in St.Gallen.

may i ask a question please ? i might work in Norway i just want to know if Norwegian language near German  or not 
thank you :)

Thank you.  I am in my second day of class at Migros KlubSchule :o)

Mostafa samy wrote:

may i ask a question please ? i might work in Norway i just want to know if Norwegian language near German  or not 
thank you :)

Norwegian is closer to English than to German. And keep in mind that the (German) Swiss speak quite a peculiar German dialect...

really ?? that great i may travel to norway and  i`m so afraid of language

Mostafa sam wrote:

Many people in Norway speak English pretty well - you'll be fine with English. Nevertheless, it is a foreign language in Norway and people will always appreciate a few words in their own language. Buy yourself a small phrase book and learn some basic words like "please", "thank you", "excuse me", "I don't speak Norwegian" and "do you speak English".

Planning to stay longer for work, study? Do invest in a good language course. Colleagues will be happy to speak a bit of English with you for the first period of time - but after a while they might get fed up with "always speaking English especially for you". Learning Norwegian will be *the* most important step to get integrated in society.

Twan wrote:
Mostafa sam wrote:

Many people in Norway speak English pretty well - you'll be fine with English. Nevertheless, it is a foreign language in Norway and people will always appreciate a few words in their own language. Buy yourself a small phrase book and learn some basic words like "please", "thank you", "excuse me", "I don't speak Norwegian" and "do you speak English".

Planning to stay longer for work, study? Do invest in a good language course. Colleagues will be happy to speak a bit of English with you for the first period of time - but after a while they might get fed up with "always speaking English especially for you". Learning Norwegian will be *the* most important step to get integrated in society.

yea yea you right Twan i hope so thanks a lot

I only heard great things about  those guys: www.germanonlineinstitute.com, friends in Switzerland study with them and only tell good things. They have a free trial, so checking them out won't hurt I guess ;) and for self-study I would recommend duolingo. I love to practice with this app. Feels like gaming instead of learning. Hope I could help. Good luck!