Moving to iraqi

what is it like for a westerner living in iraq, is it safe?

Probably not all that safe.  It is a warzone after all.

Hi. Can anyone give me some details about the life in Iraq. Is it safe? Can u find a good job there? I'm thinking about moving there for a while. Any help will be appreciated.

I have the opportunity to relocate tto Iraq to a diplomatic post but have great doubts as to the security situation. I ask myself if I will have to live indoors for a couple of years, or if on the other hand I will be able to go out in the streets, cafes, gym in Bagdad even though it will be with bodyguards and exercising all caution. Is there any semblance of cuasi normal life? I lived through the civil war in Algeria and then Colombia and know that I can take hardship posts, but I fear Bagdad may be a bit to rough. Thanks and best wishes to all of you living in Iraq.

I am off to Iraq mid-September as part of coalition force support group that will be teaching English to Iraqi officials in IZ. 

I have no doubt that the security situation is difficult as I am being issued body armor for traveling.

I have no doubt the experience will be an adventure...in keeping one's head down.

Yes there are opportunities for anybody to find job in Iraq especially in Kurdistan Erbil city, you can go to this website (moderated: off topic and no ads please) search for job in Iraq.

Dear...
send me your C.V , and i ll ask some friends there

Symona wrote:

Hi. Can anyone give me some details about the life in Iraq. Is it safe? Can u find a good job there? I'm thinking about moving there for a while. Any help will be appreciated.