Best Place to rent an apartment in Sulaymaniyah, Iraq

Hello,

I have been offered the post of Communications Director in a PR firm. The offer is 5KUSD + accommodations.  Is that a good offer?

I am not sure how negotiations go in Kurdistan and what exactly I should be asking for.

I have been unsuccessful in finding a furnished apartment either. Where do expats usually live. I am used to a certain standard of living and I do not want to compromise.

Hello Zaada,

Welcome to Sulemaniyah. Yes rest assured, it is a great deal.

Sulemaniyah is a great place to live at. Let me know if you need any extra information:)

Regards,

Ramiar

Thank you very much for your help.

Can you tell me what I should expect to be spending each month and be able to live a very comfortable life.

Do you know of any luxury small furnished apartments. I either find low to mid range large family apartments or hotels. Where do expats usually live? Do compounds like in KSA exist?

Can expats drive in Sulaimaniya and rent a car? Ive also been hearing contradictions about general safety. What are your thoughts on that?

Sorry if they are too many questions

Life is not that expensive in Sulemaniyah compared to Erbil or Baghdad for example. expenses depend on your life style but averagely with some $600 you can well live, considering that you do not pay alot for your rent.

There are many furnished and modern apartments in the city where expats can live, they are so comfortable too: Places like pakcity, Darwaza city, Shnyar city, etc. Remember thought that rent can be higher there between $400-550 dollars. 

Yes, as far as I know you can rent a car and drive too. Just give it sometime, you can well get used to everything here,

Hope it helps:)

Thank you. You are the first to give me good advice and answers. Much appreciated.

One last question, I promise.

Do you know how I can contact those residents online to check out the apartments? Any preferred one in your opinion?

You are welcome, I do not mind. Well I guess you could search on google to spot their contacts. But usually up to now, people go to their offices and can check. So, if you are in suli, just hire a taxi and tell her/him to take you to one of those destinations I mentioned earlier. It would be easier. Else, Search them from google, i am sure through either their website or Facebook, you can find their contacts.