Accommodation in Baghdad

Hello all,

I received an offer for a job in Iraq, and I am supposed to move towards the end of March. I was supposed to move to Sulaimania and I was able to find suitable accommodations. But the company decided to base me in their head office in Baghdad.

I searched a lot and all accommodations were un-suitable to what I am accustomed to. The flats are too big and too outdated and tired. I am looking for a furnished modern-style small decent apartment close to Al Amirat street in Baghdad. Can anyone recommend something? Where do expats usually live? Are there compounds like in KSA?

On a different note, what would be considered a good salary in USD for an expat to get in USD/month to be able to live comfortably in Baghdad.

first, do not rent by yourself, let the company find you a place.
there is no compound like KSA.
the company might already have bought or rented few places for their employees (expat)

DO NOT rent By Yourself period.

depends on your positions, I used to make 25K a month as engineer in Kurdistan Iraq.
i am originally iraqi and I have some friends (nice ppl ) in bagdad let me know if you need more info.

Hello!!

Well, the company is in a villa and they said that I will get the top floor of it. Yet I am worried that I arrive there and I do not like it at all. I was honest with them. I will be their most senior employee. I asked if they would be willing to cover the rent of a place I find and like in case I do not like their available space, and they were open to the idea.

I would love all the help I can get. Things I am seeing online are "scary".

do you speak the language? if so, you can get by easily.

Yes, I do speak Arabic. I am not worried about communications, I am worried about accommodations.